Clun street & Road Pitsmoor

Hi Chalky,

Yes i knew Ernie very well also his Brother Pete.

My brother Tony is house bound now and not in the best of health these's days. My younger sister is called June and my younger brother is Stephen.I left the area in 1959 when i joined the Army.

Take care

Brian.

• 4 weeks later...
Was there ever a Clun Road in pitsmoor / burngreave area of sheffield? Did any of you live there and remember any of the residents of that road?

I just joined the site and saw the posting for Clun Road...I have found relatives that lived at 5 Clun Road, on their marriage cert. in 1881 by the name of Edward MORAN married Elizabeth HOPKINS.

Hi Chalky,

Yes i knew Ernie very well also his Brother Pete.

My brother Tony is house bound now and not in the best of health these's days. My younger sister is called June and my younger brother is Stephen.I left the area in 1959 when i joined the Army.

Take care

Brian.

Hi Dukes

You forgot the Brunswick and and my old local the Normanton next above the Teapot , l lived on Earldom st Cheers Arthur.

Hi Arthur

The memory is not what it used to be, but i do remember these's pubs now you remind me take care.

Greetings from sunny Cyprus

Dukes l know it's nice and sunny there, it is most of the time in the area of France where l live, lhad a holiday in Cyprus about 10 yrs ago and nearly decided to settle in Cyprus Cheers Arthur.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My grandparents, Walter and Emma Hobson, lived at both 12 and 14 Clun Rd. We spent the first night of the blitz in the reiforced cellar of No 14, which was, incidentally, next door to the WMC. They later moved all the way to No 12 - don't know why.