Trainee vicar tells kids 'Santa's not real'

Your parents lied to you about a certain zombie jew wizard being the seed of a super wizard in the clouds. Santa and God are probably chilling out drinking beers in make believe land at this moment.

I respected my parents views but have made my own choices about what I do and don't believe

---------- Post added 20-12-2014 at 16:15 ----------

Faith in religion?

Faith in God that I have discovered for myself and so have others

If we write a book about Santa and claim it was written thousands of years ago, will it be the truth?

A long time ago.

In a cold place far far away.

There was a man

A Fat man who liked children

He liked them so much on one night every year he would break into their bedrooms and from the depths of his sack he would leave them a little surprise.

Would anyone like to add something?

Are you training to be a priest too? watch what you post or Mother Goose will be down on you like a ton of bricks.

No not at all I just don't think its ok to lie to children as they don't deserve being lied to , telling a child somebody is real when they aren't is helpful when you are trying to build a relationship with them on trust

---------- Post added 20-12-2014 at 18:47 ----------

Faith - making a virtue from not thinking.

Why do you always think there's no thought in what I believe?

No not at all I just don't think its ok to lie to children as they don't deserve being lied to , telling a child somebody is real when they aren't is helpful when you are trying to build a relationship with them on trust

---------- Post added 20-12-2014 at 18:47 ----------

Why do you always think there's no thought in what I believe?

So assumingly, you wouldn't allow a child to attend church to be lied too either, as quite frankly, there is as much proof that god exists as there is Santa Claus?

So assumingly, you wouldn't allow a child to attend church to be lied too either, as quite frankly, there is as much proof that god exists as there is Santa Claus?

if a child wishes to attend church he or she should !Ans why do you believe that churches lie? Has somebody told you they lie?

if a child wishes to attend church he or she should !Ans why do you believe that churches lie? Has somebody told you they lie?

Basic common sense tells most adults it lies teeny. Wizards creating the world in one day, some dude building a super boat that carried every living creature (including trees!), whilst this guy lives to 900, no mention of dinosaurs etc.

Even if you believe that it's real historical fact (if you do, wow), then what about them lying muslims? Did you know they tell their children that Jesus wasn't actually a zombie nor the son if God? Is it wrong then to bring children up as a Muslim, or (even worse) a Hindu?