Trainee vicar tells kids 'Santa's not real'

if a child wishes to attend church he or she should !Ans why do you believe that churches lie? Has somebody told you they lie?

Well it's all much of a muchness isn't it? Mum's & Dad's telling their children all about the far fetched but wonderfully magical and exciting tale of Santa Claus, and the church telling children about the far fetched but wonderfully magical and exciting tale of god?

Well it's all much of a muchness isn't it? Mum's & Dad's telling their children all about the far fetched but wonderfully magical and exciting tale of Santa Claus, and the church telling children about the far fetched but wonderfully magical and exciting tale of god?

The difference being Father Christmas wont burn you in the pits of a fiery eternal hell for being a bad lad though.

Your parents lied to you about a certain zombie jew wizard being the seed of a super wizard in the clouds. Santa and God are probably chilling out drinking beers in make believe land at this moment.

You just cant resist it can you? Even in a thread about santa you have to start insulting christians. But of course, I forgot, you dont view derogatory terminology insulting do you?

The difference being Father Christmas wont burn you in the pits of a fiery eternal hell for being a bad lad though.

Indeed. He chooses a far more humain and less permanent punishment....no pressies for one whole year. He then gives you the opportunity to redeem yourself by learning from your mistakes and becoming a better and well behaved human being if you want pressies the following year. Firm but fair.

Basic common sense tells most adults it lies teeny. Wizards creating the world in one day, some dude building a super boat that carried every living creature (including trees!), whilst this guy lives to 900, no mention of dinosaurs etc.

Even if you believe that it's real historical fact (if you do, wow), then what about them lying muslims? Did you know they tell their children that Jesus wasn't actually a zombie nor the son if God? Is it wrong then to bring children up as a Muslim, or (even worse) a Hindu?

Maybe you should stop searching with your head ! My faith gives me peace and gives me a relationship with my creator God but it's your choice to believe or not , we are all given a choice ! And a free to choose how we live our lives

Where and how? Out of interest why are you happy that in your opinion people are slagging off Christians?

The entire thread as proved my point. Don't misinterpret my previous post to suit your own ends.

I'm happy that my original prediction has been proven correct, which was that this thread would turn into a christian/ god slagging match....which it has.

But it's all redundant really. Christianity is around whether you like it or not and will be around throughout my lifetime. So people need to accept that people believe in a God or simply ignore it if they don't care about it.

The entire thread as proved my point.

No it hasnt. Its given you a chance to play victim. Youve not been interested in the ops point of view from the start. Then you disappear and then come back all offended because YOU see insult where there is NONE!

Edited by Member

No it hasnt. Its given you a chance to play victim. Youve not been interested in the ops point of view from the start. Then you disappear and then come back all offended because YOU see insult where there is NONE!

No precious, it's not just me that's offended :

You just cant resist it can you? Even in a thread about santa you have to start insulting christians. But of course, I forgot, you dont view derogatory terminology insulting do you?

Maybe you should stop searching with your head ! My faith gives me peace and gives me a relationship with my creator God but it's your choice to believe or not , we are all given a choice ! And a free to choose how we live our lives

Basically, anyone that has reasonably tried to defend their faith..

It's terms of the original posters topic, I don't agree with the Vicar's actions, it should be the parents to decide when to tell their children that Father Christmas isn't real.

Everyone else making the comparison to Father Christmas and Jesus/God/Christianity is just vexatious

Edited by Delayed