Trainee vicar tells kids 'Santa's not real'

Glad to see my original post has been proven correct...

You can always rely on charmer to drag things down to having to use insults and insulting terminology to "win" an argument. Although personally I think that having to resort to such behavior is usually a sign that they view the argument as already lost.

---------- Post added 20-12-2014 at 20:57 ----------

Oooooh, Name calling. How mature lol.

Hey Charmer, hes talking about you :)

Oooooh, Name calling. How mature lol.

Seriously.....? You find "Precious" name calling? Trust me, I can think of far more offensive things if I wanted to call you names.

Interesting reaction though. How you consider being called "Precious" offensive and yet us mere Christian's are expected to put up and shut up when our God is being compared to the Undead or the Tooth Fairy.

Seriously.....? You find "Precious" name calling? Trust me, I can think of far more offensive things if I wanted to call you names.

A. I never said i was offended.

B I dont care what names you can pull from the gutter to throw at me.

C. The tiny bit of credibility you may have had has now gone :)

D You and I are now done.

A. I never said i was offended.

B I dont care what names you can pull from the gutter to throw at me.

C. The tiny bit of credibility you may have had has now gone :)

D You and I are now done.

Great stuff! One less militant-Atheist to bother with.

You can always rely on charmer to drag things down to having to use insults and insulting terminology to "win" an argument. Although personally I think that having to resort to such behavior is usually a sign that they view the argument as already lost.

I know what you mean. Having read through the thread I couldn't help but laugh at the one word replies which were simply :

"No"

Oh well point proven then, God can't exist because a random name said 'No'. :rolleyes:

Hey Charmer, hes talking about you :)

My name isnt charmer but then you know that. Your just trying to add conflict (something religion is quite good at) where there is none. Quite sad really, funny though. Almost as funny as your mate thinking im not posting on this thread anymore just cos i choose to ignore his idiotic ramblings lol

Still it shows the way some religious folk deal with anyone elses opinion. ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! then play the hurt victim :hihi:

My name isnt charmer but then you know that. Your just trying to add conflict (something religion is quite good at) where there is none. Quite sad really, funny though. Almost as funny as your mate thinking im not posting on this thread anymore just cos i choose to ignore his idiotic ramblings lol

Still it shows the way some religious folk deal with anyone elses opinion. ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! then play the hurt victim :hihi:

Where did I say you weren't posting on this thread anymore? Is that an Atheist mis-interpreting to suit his own ends again? I was pleased that you weren't going to engage with me again. I knew you'd still reply to the thread.

Religious folk going on the attack? Just go back to page 1 for me and see if it was a religious person attacking the Vicar again? :roll:

Still it shows the way some Athiest folk deal with anyone else's opinion. ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! and then ignore/ridicule anyone that dares to disagree with them.

God Bless

Curious, I never even implied that charmer was you. Can you explain how you came to that conclusion?

Also talking about ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK, have you not read any of charmers posts? Virtually everyone of them contain insulting and derogatory terminology directed totally at religious beliefs. I think you will find that attacking straight away with insults does tend to be the standard approach of quite a few of those with atheistic tenancies

Mod Note

Reviewing, please wait

Right having skimmed the thread here are my thoughts on my options.

I could remove every off topic post and sly dig starting on page 1, this would leave maybe 3 posts, and generate lots of "why was my post deleted" complaints.

I could delete the entire sorry mess and put up with the "heavy handed moderation" complaints.

Or I could give you all a chance to actually discuss the topic in a civil manner without the bickering and sly digs, some people believe in a God, some people don't, some people believe in Santa, some don't, everybody is different, you aren't all going to agree but when you disagree try to do so without resorting to insults or referring to sky pixies.

I'm going to go with this last option, lets see if you can behave like adults.

If I'm wrong then I can always go with the second option and suspend a few accounts as well.

After all it's Christmas.

Edited by esme