Trainee vicar tells kids 'Santa's not real'

Vice versa.

What happens very shortly after adhulthood?

Human minds harden and become enrusted with all sorts of crap.

Some is needed. Most really isn't.

Indeed, pre-Christmas stress of the mind for one thing, all quite unnecessary but most of us can be affected by it to a lesser or greater degree.

As Esme has said, "everybody is different" Can't we bond together and forget those differences for a brief time over Christmas?

Or am I expecting a Miracle.:hihi:

Maybe you should stop searching with your head ! My faith gives me peace and gives me a relationship with my creator God but it's your choice to believe or not , we are all given a choice ! And a free to choose how we live our lives

So you are free to believe that, but children shouldn't be free to believe in father Christmas?

So you are free to believe that, but children shouldn't be free to believe in father Christmas?

no sorry i don't believe thats a good thing to believe in santa , as a nanny i had 4 children who were told santa was going to come down the chimney and bring them presents , one of the children was absolutely traumatised at the thought of a strange man coming into his house when everyone was asleep , so no I believe children should be told the truth , in later life children will remember the lies told to them and as a result the trust bond between parent and child can be broken , I don't agree with how the trainee vicar did it but i do agree children shouldn't be told lies about Christmas or indeed why we have Christmas, I believe truth is important at all times

no sorry i don't believe thats a good thing to believe in santa , as a nanny i had 4 children who were told santa was going to come down the chimney and bring them presents , one of the children was absolutely traumatised at the thought of a strange man coming into his house when everyone was asleep , so no I believe children should be told the truth , in later life children will remember the lies told to them and as a result the trust bond between parent and child can be broken , I don't agree with how the trainee vicar did it but i do agree children shouldn't be told lies about Christmas or indeed why we have Christmas, I believe truth is important at all times

:hihi: Oh my days!!!!!!

Is it not traumatic to tell a child that if they engage in homosexual intercourse, decide to follow another god or covet an ox that they will go to hell were they will be perversely tortured for eternity? Hell is worse than Auschwitz yet you have no problem with children being threatened by it?

What about genocide and child murder, God has indulged in both. Is this not more traumatic than some fat dude coming in your home (

Is it not traumatic to tell a child that if they engage in homosexual intercourse, decide to follow another god or covet an ox that they will go to hell were they will be perversely tortured for eternity? Hell is worse than Auschwitz yet you have no problem with children being threatened by it?

What about genocide and child murder, God has indulged in both. Is this not more traumatic than some fat dude coming in your home (

I'm sure that those examples are not told to children in Sunday school. They are learned at a much older age where the decision to continue (or begin) being a Christian can be made, when people can make decisions for themselves.

I'm sure that those examples are not told to children in Sunday school. They are learned at a much older age where the decision to continue (or begin) being a Christian can be made, when people can make decisions for themselves.

:hihi::hihi: Of course the lies are told to kids lol. Oh my word, your trying to make a point and yet you dont even know the first thing about your own argument. lol