A film about making scissors in Sheffield

Following the success of the film about the steelworks, I was trying to remember the name of the short I saw about making scissors... And finally I've remembered.

It's called The Putter and it's on Vimeo.

Was filmed at Ernest Wright & Son, and apparently after it went online they sold two years worth of stock in a day.

Great film. Enjoy!

Ernest Wrights are very busy at the moment - trying to get scissors made and sent off around the world.

I managed to get a pair of their kitchen scissors for a present from their shop, before the next batch was dispatched.

Good to see that this small company is doing so well.

• 1 month later...
How wonderful.

I am a sewer and appreciate your joy at receiving beautifully crafted embroidery scissors.

Enjoy them.

I would love to learn a little of your work.

What do you embroider?

I'm mostly a knitter these days, so the scissors will spend most of their time snipping wool. I used to do hand embroidery, stumpwork and a wee bit of machine embroidery. I mostly look at pretty pictures in books and magazines and on blogs now. I did lots and lots of cross stitch too, but not for a while.

I'm slowly getting back into sewing, but I mostly knit, crochet, spin and dye.

Those must be your quilts I've been seeing in your avatar. They're very good, if so.

Yes, the quilts are my work.

Thank you for your reply.

My best wishes.

I'm mightily impressed. Do you display them online anywhere? I'd love to have a closer look.