Saver or spender?

Can you be both?

I know some that live paycheck to paycheck.

I like to save nowadays as i couldnt stand the chaos of uncertainty. I also save on the basics as that makes a difference to the bottom line. Have a spreadsheet for cashflow.

Uber organised!

---------- Post added 19-12-2014 at 12:06 ----------

This means ive usually got money for the larger things if required. Its defo down to budgeting properly and making savings on the basics.

It all depends on my mood, sometimes I spend like a sailor on Amazon,E Bay etc.,buying allsorts of stuff whatever takes my fancy!.Then at other times I turn into Ebenezer Scrooge for long stretches becoming tighter than a ducks bum and that's water tight!.My instinct drummed into me from my parents is to go without something I want until I can afford it and then pay cash instead of the never never,its a hard habit to break but now and then I splash out and flash the cash!.Like I said it all depends on my mood at the time!.

If I want or need something then I'll save for it, none of this putting it on credit rubbish.

I agree. If i can avoid credit i will.

Credit buying is for mugs. The exception being deals on credit cards.

---------- Post added 19-12-2014 at 12:19 ----------

How can you save if your on the NMW or poor wage?

If you live this way long term, with difficulty.

I would say best way to save is to work out your baseline and try and earn more.

It all depends on my mood, sometimes I spend like a sailor on Amazon,E Bay etc.,buying allsorts of stuff whatever takes my fancy!.Then at other times I turn into Ebenezer Scrooge for long stretches becoming tighter than a ducks bum and that's water tight!.My instinct drummed into me from my parents is to go without something I want until I can afford it and then pay cash instead of the never never,its a hard habit to break but now and then I splash out and flash the cash!.Like I said it all depends on my mood at the time!.

Being tight is an artform!