Will anyone be putting bands on in Jan/Feb?

rollwithit

West Street Live will have bands on.

Sorry mate, West street live lost it's heart when the manger who looked like Jarvis Cocker left. When the lease holder tried running it himself, then the Asian guys shortly after, its never been the same. All they do is put DJ's and unpaid bands on. You gets what you don't pay for basically.

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 01:03 ----------

Royal Standard, Green room, Mulberry Tavern, Dove & Rainbow will all have live bands throughout Jan & Feb.

BB.

Wrong end of town for me mate. But thanks.

Sorry mate, West street live lost it's heart when the manger who looked like Jarvis Cocker left. When the lease holder tried running it himself, then the Asian guys shortly after, its never been the same. All they do is put DJ's and unpaid bands on. You gets what you don't pay for basically.

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 01:03 ----------

Wrong end of town for me mate. But thanks.

I wasn't going to dignify this with a reply but I just can't help myself :-P

Just to correct you, as the staff member in charge of all bookings at WSL, we have loads of bands that get paid (in addition to those that don't) and infinitely more live music and busier gigs than under the previous lease holder and management (in those so described halcyon days you refer to from 2005/2006 when nobody came to the venue) . Also, as other dedicated and industrious venues that give emerging talent a stage such as South Seas, Royal Standard, Dove & Rainbow, Redhouse etc etc will testify, many of the new bands we book who are just starting out on their journeys (playing their own songs and who just play for beers and/or the love of music) are absolutely excellent! Take the cloth from your ears, come to a gig and see for yourself! We have live music every night in January from Thursday 8th onwards, pro covers bands on Fridays and Saturdays and original unsigned acts midweek, and it's all for free and for the love of music :-)

• 2 weeks later...
I wasn't going to dignify this with a reply but I just can't help myself :-P

Just to correct you, as the staff member in charge of all bookings at WSL, we have loads of bands that get paid (in addition to those that don't) and infinitely more live music and busier gigs than under the previous lease holder and management (in those so described halcyon days you refer to from 2005/2006 when nobody came to the venue) . Also, as other dedicated and industrious venues that give emerging talent a stage such as South Seas, Royal Standard, Dove & Rainbow, Redhouse etc etc will testify, many of the new bands we book who are just starting out on their journeys (playing their own songs and who just play for beers and/or the love of music) are absolutely excellent! Take the cloth from your ears, come to a gig and see for yourself! We have live music every night in January from Thursday 8th onwards, pro covers bands on Fridays and Saturdays and original unsigned acts midweek, and it's all for free and for the love of music :-)

Well said!