How did you cheat in your O Levels / GCSEs?

I never cheated. I just memorised complete essays then broke them down until I could express the whole essay as a series of letters. Then when I got in the exam I would choose my questions, write down the memorised letters by each question then just expand the letters back into the full essay.

No need to cheat, just learn the rhyme.

Silly Old Hens > Sine = Opposite over Adjacent.

Can’t Always Have > Cosine = Adjacent over Hypotenuse.

Their Own Acorns > Tangent = Opposite over Adjacent.

My dad used:

Tom Often Adds (Tan)

Sylvicrin On His (Sin)

Curly Auburn Hair (Cos)

I was taught SOHCAHTOA at school though.

:)

u all sound like goodie too shoes i don't think i should tell u what i did...... just in case someone knows where i live.....

oh what the hell

we were all allowed for a toilet break so as i went in, i revised the bullet points i had on a piece of paper and then flushed it. hehe it got me a B grade in RE

I took my 'O' Level GCE's in 1958....3 hour exams in each Subject I seem to remember.....no "Coursework" taken into account in those days. All Theory.

Exams were taken in the Main School Hall, with examinees sat at well-spaced desks to deter reading the work of others on each side, front and rear, and a very, very strict Invigilator system. The Invigilator constantly patrolled the students to ensure scraps of paper, notes on palms or wrists etc were impossible to use.

No talking allowed at any time.....total silence throughout. Toilet breaks, only allowed if absolutely essential, required another Invigillator to visit the Toilet Area with you to make sure no contact was allowed with others taking a similar break during the exam. Permission was rarely allowed for this purpose.

Calculators did not exist in those days.

The "Pass" Grade of GCE was based on a "Floating Mark" system, i.e the pass level marks were adjusted to allow only a certain proportion of pupils to achieve a Pass.....it could be 40% one year, 50% another year to allow for difficulty/ease of individual exams. Nowadays, 15% in a written exam paper can get your GCSE, it has been reported.

No calculators existed in those days, and would not have been allowed anyway.

If you didn't know the subject....you didn't get the Qualification....simple as that.

And being a good boy, I wouldn't have cheated anyway. :)

Archived