How did you cheat in your O Levels / GCSEs?

Never heard of Macrame :confused:

I did that at Hillsborough middle school. A great skill which has stood me in good stead for the rest of my life. The same teacher taught us some french nursery rhymes and I can remember them almost 30 years on.

I have never cheated at any proper exams either. As an Adult I recently passed an A level too.

I wrote the beggining of question one on a sheet then the end of the last question on a sheet. Handed them in. When I got my results I queried it and then said they must have lost the rest.

Success.

Yay for me.

No need to cheat, just learn the rhyme.

Silly Old Hens > Sine = Opposite over Adjacent.

Can’t Always Have > Cosine = Adjacent over Hypotenuse.

Their Own Acorns > Tangent = Opposite over Adjacent.

You'd fail there, sine = opposite over hypotenuse not hadjacent. Check your work, silly mistake, see me after class. ;)

If you can count having a photographic memory as cheating ...

Well, I never needed to. I can't claim any particular credit for being honest, as cheating would have been a waste of my time and effort. At school level, the ability to remember stuff and parrot it back out onto exam papers, counts as being really clever.

I didn't cheat, would never do so (I dunno, it's just one of them things - even when playing cards I'll tell someone if if they accidentally show me their hand)... but I did sit behind the same lad for all the exams at GCSE and saw him, in every exam, get crib sheets out and use them. I'm surprised he didn't get caught because he wasn't particularly subtle.

Then results' day came... and he got straight fails. I never understood how he could have cheated so consistently, and failed so miserably.

I couldn't cheat on my GCSEs, Google hadn't been invented yet in 1991.

Hence the fact that the best result I got out of everything was an E for Typing! :rant::loopy:

Archived