How did you cheat in your O Levels / GCSEs?

Carter Lodge School English Exam 1975.

We had to chose books, read and review them, can't remember exactly how many but it was over 50 in the two year O Level period, this would go towards your final mark.

I left it and left it and then found myself with a week to go before they had to be handed in.

I did what any over imaginative 16 year old would do, I made them up. I totally invented 50 books and wrote reviews, imaginary titles, imaginary authors, I knew they'd never check them up if they were well written and I got away with it.

I should have got a job at News of the World!!

• 2 years later...

see, I don't really see the point in just memorising everything for exams anyway, now days every one is constantly connected to the internet and frieds etc, surely cheating in exams should be encouraged, it should be more about the ability to find information quickly and select the most reliable sources, that's surely a far more important skill.

Looking at the number of online test companies that now exist, it seems like we'll all soon be able to take exams from home on the computer, and how would they stop cheating then?

I cheated in all my exams, right up to degree level, by listening in class and tutorials, doing all the course work and reading lots of books. /smug

You beat me to it!

I spent a lot of time and hard work to learn what I needed to.

Most subjects are easier if you understand the fundamentals before moving onto the bigger questions.

My Niece was given homework the other day, why did it flood in xyz, upon asking her, she didn't know what the water cycle was and didn't ever remember even seeing images of the cycle. She definitely didn't understand the word / term 'saturated', yeah had an idea but not because of school...

I cheated in all my exams, right up to degree level, by listening in class and tutorials, doing all the course work and reading lots of books. /smug

Same here - mind you I should have got a better grade in "O" level Biology but I was too busy looking at the lass next to me :love:

Archived