Tour de Yorkshire

iansheff

Just looking at the Tour De Yorkshire on the BBC Website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30574400 doesn't look like South Yorkshire going to be involved.

You clearly havent read the article properly then:

It also does not mean Hull and South Yorkshire will see no racing: we only have the As and the Bs at the moment, not the bits in between.

So while it is good to see the north-east coastline feature this time, there will be disappointment that Hull has missed out again, as has South Yorkshire.

But they have not been "snubbed", they simply did not want to pay the £100,000 or so hosting fee the organisers were asking for, and need for an event with no ticket revenues.

I think its fair to say that due to the start and finish points then even if it strays into SY there will be minimal involvement. Wait and see. I think we can live without it for a year. It looks more like a decision to not want to spend the money this year rather than a snub by organisers.

You clearly havent read the article properly then:

I can read thankyou, it also says:

So while it is good to see the north-east coastline feature this time, there will be disappointment that Hull has missed out again, as has South Yorkshire.

So what I said was correct, there is nothing to say the route will use South Yorkshire it just says maybe. We will know January 21st for sure.

I can read thankyou, it also says:

So what I said was correct, there is nothing to say the route will use South Yorkshire it just says maybe. We will know January 21st for sure.

Well that's good news then...

... only a month to put up with unfounded speculation and rumour on here. :roll:

Well that's good news then...

... only a month to put up with unfounded speculation and rumour on here. :roll:

...and people moaning about how useless the Council are for not bringing it here, and then the same people will moan that it cost £XXX of taxpayers money to do so and then also moan about the road closures on the day :D