Tour de Yorkshire

iansheff

Tour De Yorkshire.. last year's Le Grande Depart... we will never forget... why no honour for Gary Verity.. rhubarb rhubarb... rabbit rabbit...

Look North will give it the TDF treatment, telling you all that t' Tour De Yorkshire is a great thing, that it is Good For Our Region and will Bring International Attention to Yorkshire, and they will do it relentlessly. My God, will they.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they do get a decent turnout, with all that free publicity and drum banging. Let's face it, after bunging £100,000 each in the pot, local councils will be gutted if it ends up being watched by two men and a dog.

Apparently its just been on the news - if you don't like or care about cycling, there's no compulsion to watch it. If you like or care about cycling, you have the opportunity to watch it & its free to watch. If you live in Sheffield it isn't going to cost you or the council a penny.

Have I covered everything?

Apparently its just been on the news - if you don't like or care about cycling, there's no compulsion to watch it. If you like or care about cycling, you have the opportunity to watch it & its free to watch. If you live in Sheffield it isn't going to cost you or the council a penny.

Have I covered everything?

Just about, although you could cover the telly too. With a blanket during the tour.;)

Tour De Yorkshire.. last year's Le Grande Depart... we will never forget... why no honour for Gary Verity.. rhubarb rhubarb... rabbit rabbit...

Look North will give it the TDF treatment, telling you all that t' Tour De Yorkshire is a great thing, that it is Good For Our Region and will Bring International Attention to Yorkshire, and they will do it relentlessly. My God, will they.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they do get a decent turnout, with all that free publicity and drum banging. Let's face it, after bunging £100,000 each in the pot, local councils will be gutted if it ends up being watched by two men and a dog.

And what about the free publicity our football teams get .

Day after day of the usual nonsense , the manager says this , the centre forward says that ,every word analysed and bisected on local T.V .radio, newspapers and all usually a load of codswollop.

At least our local cyclists actually win things ,not by talking about it but by going out and performing in a sport that would kill all the armchair critics that sit back and criticise everything and every one who actually try to bring prestige and interest to Sheffield and the United Kingdom as a whole.

And what about the free publicity our football teams get .

Day after day of the usual nonsense , the manager says this , the centre forward says that ,every word analysed and bisected on local T.V .radio, newspapers and all usually a load of codswollop.

At least our local cyclists actually win things ,not by talking about it but by going out and performing in a sport that would kill all the armchair critics that sit back and criticise everything and every one who actually try to bring prestige and interest to Sheffield and the United Kingdom as a whole.

Are you putting polka dots on your house?:)

How much does it cost to stand at the side of the road / track to watch those though, compared with cycling?

£30 ish for a race day ticket at superbikes - and you'd get 6 or 7 races for that with the bikes coming past you every lap (15 times a race perhaps).