Tour de Yorkshire

iansheff

The 'race handbook' isn't what I call it.

So whatever you do call it...is there a link, or are you saying that you were in the team briefings and therefore know what was said. These are professional riders and teams...they wouldn't expect each potentially risky corner to be flagged (which doesn't happen in the Giro or TdF either), and many of them would know the course from reconnaissance.

Edited by stifflersmom

I suppose it's an option.

One line missives when joined up argument fails you as surely as tired lycra.

I tell you what - enjoy your party, invite your friends and tell each other didn't you have lovely time the day you saw a bike race. Crash on the bends, the fun never ends and go to bed and dream of Wiggins.

How I could have ever expected a response other than ' you were in the team briefings '.It has me mystified.

I'm only glad we're not discussing the be-headings; he'd have had me standing second left holding the sword.

Therefore, allow me an opinion. You clearly differ in yours and that is fine. But to think the length of such posts is an attempt to bait is puerile. Such a thought is also the last vestige of the bereft.

Enter the debate or go home. And why not?

You've only to step out the door to watch the next cycling event. Though I'm surprised you ever left the couch and the snooker.

Free ball anyone?

How I could have ever expected a response other than ' you were in the team briefings '.It has me mystified.

Actually Owethemnowt, I've been following this conversation and I too am interested in how you know what you know about the advice given to the teams and riders before the race. No wind-up, no mick-take, genuinely interested.

Edited by vincentb
replace accidental swearing with a politer term

I suppose it's an option.

One line missives when joined up argument fails you as surely as tired lycra.

I tell you what - enjoy your party, invite your friends and tell each other didn't you have lovely time the day you saw a bike race. Crash on the bends, the fun never ends and go to bed and dream of Wiggins.

I'm only glad we're not discussing the be-headings; he'd have had me standing second left holding the sword.

Therefore, allow me an opinion. You clearly differ in yours and that is fine. But to think the length of such posts is an attempt to bait is puerile. Such a thought is also the last vestige of the bereft.

Enter the debate or go home. And why not?

You've only to step out the door to watch the next cycling event. Though I'm surprised you ever left the couch and the snooker.

Free ball anyone?

Genuine questions - forget the debate about TdY, do you actually talk like this in real life and/or communicate in writing like this? It seems like you've gone to a load of effort to be somehow funny/artistic/expressive in saying how you feel. Quite funny (not in the comedic sense), or perhaps you've been stimulated by substances like the 60's hippy songwriters.

As a side issue, I accept you think cycling and the TdY is crap, each to their own, so what type of stuff invokes some positive reactions in you? Surely not everything in life is flawed and gloomy, there has to be something to make you cheer. Or not maybe?

Do people actually put people on ignore on here? Dear oh dear, talk about being precious.

It's just to stop me being dragged in by someone baiting! If I was being precious I'd have reported him for baiting.