Bin Lorry Crash Glasgow

Because finding out what happened is of more interest than nailing someone for something that probably wasn't his fault and wasn't avoidable.

Then we found out that he passed out previously. But he's already got his immunity paper...

So the police took his word for it, good detective work.

How would you suggest they do otherwise? Unless he'd ponied up taht information it would have remained undiscovered and you'd be bleating on about how they unfairly prosecuted a innocent worker and brother.... :roll:

Why still the reluctance to prosecute him though, now all of the damning evidence has come to light he needs to go to court and answer for his crimes.

Quite clearly he shouldn't have been behind the wheel, he lied to get there and he lied to stay there.

Only the guilty need one of those.

With people like you around no, I'd think the innocent need them as well thanks.

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 14:29 ----------

Why still the reluctance to prosecute him though, now all of the damning evidence has come to light he needs to go to court and answer for his crimes.

Quite clearly he shouldn't have been behind the wheel, he lied to get there and he lied to stay there.

That would be because the Procurator Fiscal gave him a letter saying they wouldnt prosecute. Any evidence that they tried to introduce would be disallowed.

I cannot understand why the driver was offered immunity and he wasn't investigated and prosecuted.

He withheld important information from his employed that made him highly unsuitable for his job. With his medical history he was unsuitable for the job, and an accident waiting to happen.

I rather suspect they did investigate, and didn't find anything. As such they gave him immunity to find out what actually happened so as to better avoid it in future.

You would have thought that the drivers medical notes would have been a good place to start when searching for medical problems.

Sounds like a totally botched investigation to me and a massive blunder by the prosecutor.

The evidence of the guy passing out while driving a bus didn't come from the driver, it came from his previous employer First Bus where is was shown he lied about passing out at the wheel of a bus.

The evidence of him lying about his condition came from his current employer, where it was shown he concealed any information about his medical condition.

There was no need to offer immunity to get that information.

Edited by geared

You would have thought that the drivers medical notes would have been a good place to start when searching for medical problems.

Assuming they recorded it.... if he decided to conceal it then who knows if it ever made it there?

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 14:43 ----------

Sounds like a totally botched investigation to me and a massive blunder by the prosecutor.

The evidence of the guy passing out while driving a bus didn't come from the driver, it came from his previous employer First Bus.

The evidence of him lying about his condition came from his current employer, where it was shown he concealed any information about his medical condition.

There was no need to offer immunity to get that information.

Then why don't you take your concerns to the Procurator Fiscal and tell him where to shove it?

I'm sick to death of whiny little people on here deciding to have a go at people just for answering questions. Someone asked why there was no prosecution. I told them. so now I'm the bad guy for saying why?

Pitchfork bloody mentality is alive and well on here it seems.