City Centre car park prices

There may be some exceptions. I don't know if this is a legal requirement or not. Quick google didn't reveal anything about it but a lot of car parks have a comment in teeny tiny writing at the bottom of the prices boards saying something about 20 mins free or whatever.

Found this, but it's an article not a statement of face: http://www.britishparking.co.uk/News/good-car-parking-practice-includes-grace-periods

And from Parking Prankster who seems pretty knowledgable about this stuff: http://parking-prankster.blogspot.ro/2014/09/napier-parking-issue-ticket-for-12.html

OK...I was thinking more specifically of barrier controlled systems...

• 3 weeks later...
Been in shop today spent £50, still had to pay £1.20 an hour to park, think its an absolute swiz! don't deserve our custom. Meadowhall in future me thinks!

Why did you choose to park there then. Why didn't you find somewhere else.

You obviously wanted JL so where else other than the city centre would you expect to find them.

You are not honestly going to tell me that you thought a multi-storey bang in the middle of the city centre was free!

Threads like this make me laugh. It'll be the same people who will be complaining why Sheffield never has any "quality or boutique stores" "why we don't have a Harvey Nichols or Selfridges like Leeds or Manchester"

Answer: see above. Belly aching about paying for parking in a CITY CENTRE.

PS: Just out of curiosity for the OP here is what the equivalent sort of car park attached to a main department store in Manchester costs.

1 hour £4.00 - 1 to 2 hours £8.00 - 2 to 4 hours £16.00

Edited by ECCOnoob

I think that the council should make all city centre parking free for the next month.

I'd love to see the bleating about not being able to park in town that would be the inevitable result of such a decision.

£1.20 to park a £20k tonne of metal. Outrageous.

Firstly as already mentioned there is no John Lewis in Meadowhell. Also you know the fee before parking and you could also park on the road.

If the cost is that bad to you, then why go and why start a pointless thread like this