Should argos change its name

bit of a joke place.i went online to order some drawers and was told they were in stock but I had to wait 4 days before I could collect them.reminds me of little Britain.computer says no

was same about 2 n half months ago when i got a stereo for my car checked stock availability at kilner way, said in stock.

so reserved it and when i received a txt for reservation number is said available to pickup from the afternoon next day.

went down to the store to see what was going on and the guy says we have to order it in from another store. i said so whats point in saying its in stock then? he just looked at me like a idiot and shrugged his shoulders.

So before this post gets closed for bickering, what are your thoughts on the new system in Argos. Before you used to have a number on your receipt and they called it out. Now it seems they wave your item in the air and you have to claim it (like a crap version of bingo)

So before this post gets closed for bickering, what are your thoughts on the new system in Argos. Before you used to have a number on your receipt and they called it out. Now it seems they wave your item in the air and you have to claim it (like a crap version of bingo)

I find it better since the change as I always buy and pay online not so much messing about.

I also think it's like a chap version of bingo lol...

Another grumble at them...... I went to get a clothes airer yesterday, what a surprise the 1 on offer was not in stock but the 1 not on offer (only difference was colour and price) was in stock, now ya not telling me everyone bought them for Christmas too..

It's a common SCAM (and it is a scam, no other word for it) with Argos. I do believe they got into trouble with Trading Standards over it a few years ago but still continue to do it.

I once was after an item on sale, the sale price was less than half the original cost. Not one store throughout South Yorkshire had one in stock (checked daily) but there were similar items offered, well when I say similar, of lesser quality and features but cost more than that sale item.

9am the day after the sale ended, the item was in stock at EVERY store, now back at it's original price.

It's all about business and making profit really. If I had similar items for sale and one was more profitable to me then I wouldn't hesitate in selling the most profitable first.

Then the profits from that would be included in the next sale. As a consumer you have a lot of time time to buy at reduced prices - get it while you can and don't wait for a further reduction - it might not happen then you call it a scam....when the price on offer goes back to it's original price.

Cue the next price drop........../offer. quantity and use

Why would it change its name to Argno?

It would only make sense if it was called Argyes at the moment.

Because the OP thinks they are funny. I think the brink shame on the good name of brocolli, surely the world's best vegetable.

It's a common SCAM (and it is a scam, no other word for it) with Argos. I do believe they got into trouble with Trading Standards over it a few years ago but still continue to do it.

I once was after an item on sale, the sale price was less than half the original cost. Not one store throughout South Yorkshire had one in stock (checked daily) but there were similar items offered, well when I say similar, of lesser quality and features but cost more than that sale item.

9am the day after the sale ended, the item was in stock at EVERY store, now back at it's original price.

It isn't a scam at all.

It is good business practice to set a budget on a sale or an offer. In this budget there will be x amount of a certain item that can be sold at a discount. When this number is reached it is quite reasonable for the company to withdraw the stock from sale.

Another grumble at them...... I went to get a clothes airer yesterday, what a surprise the 1 on offer was not in stock but the 1 not on offer (only difference was colour and price) was in stock, now ya not telling me everyone bought them for Christmas too..

For someone who doesn't like Argos, you sure go there a lot Brocoallmouthandnotrousers. If you don't like them, don't shop there. I hate the place.