Increased Police Vigilance

monkey69

Even if the light WONT CHANGE you should still wait????. I wouldn't like to be behind you in a contraflow!!!.

:hihi::hihi:

Oh do shut up about circumstances that are TOTALLY different from your original post and you damn well know it.

If a light won't change, then it is faulty, and is a different subject to normally functioning traffic lights altogether.

Please, in 2015, make a resolution to buy a weekly bus pass and keep off the streets, that way you might still be here next Christmas

I disagree entirely with you.

Running red lights is never for your own safety. It's for your convenience. Safety is just the excuse you throw out when challenged.

We clearly disagree entirely with you.

If you want to go through life disregarding perfectly coherent and logical reasons why many experienced cyclists go through reds for the sake of their own safety, and, believe, instead, that it's always about convenience/laziness, then so be it.

But you're wrong buddy.

As you'd quickly come to realise if you actually tried to engage with the arguments, rather than just insisting that all such cyclists are deluded/lying.

Your behaviour actively makes life more dangerous for other cyclists by causing anger in drivers.

No. Angry drivers are angry purely because cyclists are allowed on the roads and they see the roads as being for cars only.

They get angry if a cyclist is riding down the middle of a tight lane (due to the cyclist wanting to avoid being maimed/killed when another car driver parked up at the side randomly opens their door), completely oblivious to the fact that the lane is narrow due to the 2 solid lines of parked cars at either side.

They get angry cos they pay 2/3/4 £K a year in tax, MOT, fuel, parking fines to finance their speed machines and deeply resent being passed during rush hours by bicycles, while they are trapped in the slow moving mush of cars on a road system that is way past broken (and broken soley due to the absurd numbers of cars on it).

That's what can already happen.

---------- Post added 25-12-2014 at 11:50 ----------

I've come across one such light in my entire life.

But since it's traffic you're so concerned with, it must be the case that there will be some around, which WILL trigger it.

If it's so quiet that there is no traffic to trigger it, then it won't harm you to become a pedestrian for a few feet.

Try riding around post midnight- I've encountered several such non-changing lights, and, the total absence of motor vehicles means nothings going to trigger it.

---------- Post added 25-12-2014 at 13:44 ----------

Flaming hell, it's Xmas day. Even in WWII the troops had a day off and mingled with enemy

Merry christmas Denlin :)

It's not a war, it's a discussion.

Oh do shut up about circumstances that are TOTALLY different from your original post and you damn well know it.

If a light won't change, then it is faulty, and is a different subject to normally functioning traffic lights altogether.

Please, in 2015, make a resolution to buy a weekly bus pass and keep off the streets, that way you might still be here next Christmas

Thats the point!!!!. for cyclists this is an everyday occurrence. I will say it again PLEASE READ PROPERLY. cyclists don't have the mass in either metal/weight to trigger the senses of traffic lights. SO unless there is another bigger vehicle around you can be stuck there waiting for ages.

Or as been already suggested you can hop off and walk across the junction(like yea that's going to happen) Or take the other alternative and ride on the pavement which is against the law, don't you know! But that wont bother some people on here. if its suits them they will gladly break the law of the land. (me included)