Tap and Tankard, Cambridge St (former Sportsman pub)

Bilge

I keep hearing good things about this place. I went in when it first opened and it had run-of-the-mill ales that were fine but now they seem to offer a more carefully chosen selection including something on keg. There`s a fair few pubs to go at in that part of town now! :)

Yep definitely on the up. But cou7ld do better. Last weeks craft keg offerings consisted of the same (albeit excellent) Brass Castle beer across both the flagship pumps. Be nice to have had another alternative to stick around for.

Yep definitely on the up. But cou7ld do better. Last weeks craft keg offerings consisted of the same (albeit excellent) Brass Castle beer across both the flagship pumps. Be nice to have had another alternative to stick around for.

I think the Great Heck meet the brewer is at the T `n`T next Thursday; could be good!

I have to say that I'm really impressed with the beers that Brass Castle are producing at the moment. Best beer I've had so far this year was one of theirs.

I have to say that I'm really impressed with the beers that Brass Castle are producing at the moment. Best beer I've had so far this year was one of theirs.

Can't disagree. My only complaint about Brass Castle is that some of their really strong beers, like Wallop, are actually not as good as their little brothers - rather than being better.

Can't disagree. My only complaint about Brass Castle is that some of their really strong beers, like Wallop, are actually not as good as their little brothers - rather than being better.

I don't necessarily think that stronger is always better. I do prefer Oakham Citra to Green Devil for instance.

And I've only ever come across one barley wine that I've actually enjoyed. Although I do very much appreciate a good strong IPA or imperial stout.

I can't believe how clean the place is now.

I don't know what it is about people, just because they like rock music, do they have to turn a pub into a shtt whole

The Church House, brilliant venue, landlord puts on decent music, but it's turning into a hovel compared to it's former glory as a town bar.

After a visit to Leeds on Saturday where I visited not one but EIGHT new good beer bars that have opened over the course of the last year, I can tell you there is a significant gap in Sheffield's pub market. For many different tastes.

Leeds had a gap. We don't.

I can't believe how clean the place is now.

I don't know what it is about people, just because they like rock music, do they have to turn a pub into a shtt whole

The Church House, brilliant venue, landlord puts on decent music, but it's turning into a hovel compared to it's former glory as a town bar.

I guess we wont be seeing you in the rock bars again then :hihi: