Tap and Tankard, Cambridge St (former Sportsman pub)

Bilge

gotta say Dev Cat would be my pub of choice in that area. Not been to Henry's in ages, wasn't impressed with Brewhouse on the one occasion I went, McSpoons is McSpoons, Hop doesn't have a great beer range, so Dev Cat seems the pick - and is usually an acceptable choice when out with non-beer-geek colleagues

I`ve had some really `iffy` ales in Dev Cat tho I do acknowledge they`re keeping beers better now. Not so with Henry`s. Hop has closed hasn`t it? Think there`s a rebrand in the pipeline.

Dev cat has improved considerably over the last 12-18 months.

Henry's, alas after starting off so promising, is now incredibly dull. Every pint I have in there s a 4/10. And that's due to the dull selection not how its kept.

Such a shame as its a great building and I like the outside bit as well.

Dev Cat has regained it's place as one of my favourite bars, not just in Sheffield, but anywhere. Think the Abbeydale takeover improved things considerably.

Talking of which it's SunFest next weekend at the Rising Sun. Surprised Mr C hasn't already reminded us of this. :c)

• 1 month later...

Popped into T n T t`other day and there was very little on, about 3 casks I think and nowt on keg. Ended up with half a Pale Rider and was asked for £2.80......! A slight error. Apparently they do a loyalty card now I read in Beer Matters.

I`ve had some really `iffy` ales in Dev Cat tho I do acknowledge they`re keeping beers better now. Not so with Henry`s. Hop has closed hasn`t it? Think there`s a rebrand in the pipeline.

Must try the Dev Cat again, i have never enjoyed my times in there! soul less place...mean while i continue to use the Heeley pub crawl on my visits to Sheffield.

• 1 month later...