James Corden OBE?

Talentless,crap comedy actor why the gong? People know ricky gervais is famous for actually being funny and is highly popular,cordon is neither.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. I love Ricky Gervais, very funny & talented comedy writer which is why he is so exceedingly rich and successful.

Like him or not. He is not daft is he? Who has the money and recognition. You or Him? That’s the way it works. You wont make it talking on a forum.. Make the money first then talk on a forum for fun.

What the hell are you on about? "Make the money first then talk on a forum for fun"? :huh:

Like him or not. He is not daft is he? Who has the money and recognition. You or Him? That’s the way it works. You wont make it talking on a forum.. Make the money first then talk on a forum for fun.

Lots of people make it, and make it for others, but they get no recognition from others, let alone the panel who decides who should get what gong.

Corden isn't the least deserving of a gong...But I would much rather they went to people who display acts of sacrifice, courage and heroism; not to people who are very well paid, get plenty of recognition and haven't made an outstanding contribution to their sphere of activity.

Love him or hate him, James Corden has a diverse talent. You don't win a Tony award for best actor in a play on Broadway or a Bafta for a comedy Series, which he co-wrote without it.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here, because he's got his big break on American TV by hosting CBS's The Late Late Show.

Yes, it's that time of year again, where the rich award themselves gongs whilst the unknown, hardworking and undervalued charity workers are rarely ever heard of let alone get any sort of recognition for their graft. So much for Cameron’s “Big Society”

I notice that Fiona Woolf is honoured for services to the establishment by derailing the inquiry into child sex abuse. The award could hardly be for services to the legal profession when she couldn't spot a conflict of interest that a first year law student would have spotted with ease.

Yes, it's that time of year again, where the rich award themselves gongs whilst the unknown, hardworking and undervalued charity workers are rarely ever heard of let alone get any sort of recognition for their graft. So much for Cameron’s “Big Society”

I notice that Fiona Woolf is honoured for services to the establishment by derailing the inquiry into child sex abuse. The award could hardly be for services to the legal profession when she couldn't spot a conflict of interest that a first year law student would have spotted with ease.

Just because you only read about the famous folks being awarded does not mean that the non-famous are overlooked. 1134 total honours in this year.

I must be a bit dim, I don't know owt about this chappie - is he famous for doing summat.

Angel1.

I love when people try to appear intelligent by pretending not to know who popular celebrities are but read and contribute to a thread with his name emblazoned over it :loopy:

I personally think the man is an unfunny waste of space and there are others far more worthy of this accolade, having said that its about time the whole thing was banished to the dustbin of history.