Any horse owners requiring help?

My sister in law is keen to help someone muck-out, groom their horse/horses etc. Hopefully in return for some riding time eventually.

She has a passion for horses but ufortunatly we cannot afford to buy her her own quite just yet. She's a very responsable 13 year old who isn't affraid of hard work or getting her hands dirty and I beleive has plenty of experience in this field already.

We live in Stocksbridge, I drive but it would great if there was someone close by that would appreciate the help.

If so, if you'd you be good enough to PM so that I could contact you.

Thank you all x:wave:

Hi, unfortunately I probably can't help you directly 'cos my horses aren't at your side of town, but I thought if you haven't already covered all your bases I'd give you a few more suggestions if that's OK.

There don't seem to be many horse owners on this forum but most people look at the AdMag fairly regularly (the green Saturday one) and you might get more of a response from there. Also if you put ads up at Horse & Rider at Crookes and Throstle Nest saddlery at Silkstone Common they will probably be seen by people with horses up that end of town.

Failing that have you approached the riding schools in that area? I used to work weekends and school holidays at a riding school when I was that age but I don't know how easy it is to get in to now as they have to be more careful with the rules about children working, etc.

Hope that's helpful to you!

By the way I tried to PM you and wasn't able to...

• 2 months later...

Archived