City Link parcel delivery gone into liquidation

INITIAL City Link. Instead of the slogan you have painted on the sides of your lorries - “Your reputation in a box? We guarantee it…every time!”

why not use the wording of clause 4.5 of your Standard Trading Conditions - “Whilst the Company shall use its reasonable endeavours to comply with any estimate given by the Company to the Customer, any delivery time (including date) given by or on behalf of the Company shall be an estimate only, time shall not be of the essence and shall not be binding upon the Company which shall be under no liability whatsoever, except as provided for in Clause 17, for failure to secure delivery of any Goods by any date or time howsoever caused,”

which more accurately reflects your approach to the punctual delivery of urgent packages.

just to put you straight city link own none of there vans all drivers are self employed including my dad they are working so hard all of them to get parcels out cause of the back log maybe its the sender thats sent it late to you

• 1 year later...

Any idea how long I should leave between a (non-) delivery attempt by CityLink and going to collect parcel from their depot? I don't fancy driving over to Rotherham if it won't be back yet.

I'm assuming Rotherham as nearest depot, but who knows, CityLink haven't told me.

I've tried every phone number I can find on their website - only to get cut off after a random amount of time listening to some apparently random pre-recorded message (last one was about baths/showers!).

I'm not even convinced the driver got as far as my door quite frankly - as the tracking says failed delivery was 0850 this morning when I was definately in and no card left :rant:

Only found out the delivery had been missed because Amazon sent an email to say it had dispatched so had a look at tracking.

I had raised a contact/ticket with CityLink to ask when it would be back at the depot, just had a phone call to say come down between 5.30 and 7.30.

I wasn't expecting an answer from them to be honest, but it goes some way to make up for lack of delivery, at least I know where I stand :)

• 8 months later...

Chitty stink are useless, they lost my sons parcel at the depot about two months ago which had to be resent by amazon. Then on saturday they delivered a parcel for him and someone four doors down. Didn't realise untill driver had gone.

Don't know why anyone uses them.