Best South Indian in Sheff?

AndyCrookes

Up until a few years ago there weren't any South Indian places in Sheffield - now there's a few. So why is it "pretenious cobblers" to talk about it?

It is posters like I1L2T3 that make the Forum such fun!

I went once again to Sai Nivas last night and had another great meal. It was nice to see a few more tables occupied, especially on a Tuesday night.

Arusuvai also has an interesting Living Social deal at the moment, if anyone wants to try some unpretentious south indian food...

• 1 month later...

I vote Sai Nivas the best lunchtime South Indian: the meat thali for £5.99 is brilliant value. The spice levels were upped on request in the main chicken curry - very tasty! It was good to see the place nearly full on a Friday lunchtime as well.

I vote Sai Nivas the best lunchtime South Indian: the meat thali for £5.99 is brilliant value. The spice levels were upped on request in the main chicken curry - very tasty! It was good to see the place nearly full on a Friday lunchtime as well.

I definitely agree, £5.99 for a good selection of well cooked food, it's unbeatable.

• 4 weeks later...

Arusuvai for me, followed by Maveli, I go for the curries. Rama's bridge I don't like as much. I also think they are taking the mickey with the rice prices.

My wife always goes for Dosa and I think her order would be Maveli, Arusuvai

Neither of us have been to Sai Nivas yet.

When I go to Urban Choola I love and usually order the Chicken Chettinadh which is South Indian (along with a couple of other dishes they do), so it is worth a mention I think.

Does anyone here rate Hyderabad Nawabs in Dronfield for South Indian?