Best South Indian in Sheff?

AndyCrookes

Does anyone know where i can get a pork vindaloo in sheffield ?

I've not noticed any in Sheffield. You might have to do some more specific research for a Goan influenced restaurant and it might involve travelling out of Sheffield (There was one called "Clay Oven" but it is closed now afaik). A very quick google brought up http://www.vivagoayork.co.uk/ in York which is Goan and does it. Might be something to incorporate into a York daytrip if you are really keen.

Alternatively there are plenty of authentic recipes online, this might be one of those dishes that you just cannot easily go out and pay for so is best to perfect at home.

until it was destroyed by fire the Indus was without doubt the best, never found one in the same league, tried many, some good some terrible

Indus was very nice indeed we went to the one at silver street doncaster.

Its now directly on the traffic lights junction at Connisbrough.

Just a good may i add.

until it was destroyed by fire the Indus was without doubt the best, never found one in the same league, tried many, some good some terrible

Indus was very nice indeed we went to the one at silver street doncaster.

Its now directly on the traffic lights junction at Connisbrough.

Just a good may i add.

If you're talking about the Indus at Attercliffe, it is/wasn't a South Indian restaurant but a regular UK Indian restaurant.

South Indian restaurants serve specific regional dishes on the whole, very different to regular Indian restaurants in the UK. The first time most people visit a South Indian restaurant they will recognise very little, if anything, on the menu compared to regular UK Indian restaurants.

Give one of the others we have mentioned a try if you are interested.

I've not noticed any in Sheffield. You might have to do some more specific research for a Goan influenced restaurant and it might involve travelling out of Sheffield (There was one called "Clay Oven" but it is closed now afaik). A very quick google brought up http://www.vivagoayork.co.uk/ in York which is Goan and does it. Might be something to incorporate into a York daytrip if you are really keen.

Alternatively there are plenty of authentic recipes online, this might be one of those dishes that you just cannot easily go out and pay for so is best to perfect at home.

Thank you , but its just something what is supposed to be very nice and i thought with all the curry houses in sheffield someone may sell it instead of the usual 6 peices of meat in a spicy gravy they serve up , i ,m not gonna go to york for it as i,m not planning to go there in the near future although i will bear it in mind if i should find myself there , but i may experiment at home with it at home

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if its the same people, but it looks like Arusuvai are opening a restaurant on Middlewood Road in Hillsborough. Its in the place which was Darbaar and more recently Spice Story, both of which were really nice but for some reason never took off.

If it is the same people as the ones on Abbeydale Road, hopefully they can make a success of it. An existing good reputation in the city gives them a head start on the other two.

Not sure if its the same people, but it looks like Arusuvai are opening a restaurant on Middlewood Road in Hillsborough. Its in the place which was Darbaar and more recently Spice Story, both of which were really nice but for some reason never took off.

If it is the same people as the ones on Abbeydale Road, hopefully they can make a success of it. An existing good reputation in the city gives them a head start on the other two.

A reply to their latest trip advisor review, would suggest it is same people. Best thing to happen in Hillsborough since [insert appropriate football team] beat Wednesday. :D