Best South Indian in Sheff?

AndyCrookes

I tried Sai Nivas the other day. Everyone was impressed with the food and the portions were very good.

It wasn't the quickest service but the owner/chef took his time to come out of the kitchen after the meal and explain how everything is fresh and they grind all their own spices.

The restaurant itself isn't the most welcoming, but overall, it's a very good independent restaurant and I'd go back, but not before I've tried Urban Choola!

• 1 month later...

We have recently opened a new Indian restaurant in Hillsborough in the address below

Arusuvai

Indian Kitchen and Bar

92-94, Middlewood road,

Hillsborough,

Sheffield,

S6 4HA.

Phone: 0114 2321875

Email: arusuvai.uk@gmail.com

As an introductory offer, we are giving a 10% discount (on food) to all the Sheffield forum members.

Just back from a visit to Arusuvai in Hillsborough. Wonderful food - chicken niblets, Mysore dosa, aubergine dish as main, breadbasket and a pint of Jaipur. And 10% off as forum member. Beats most South Indians in Sheffield in my view. Well worth a visit.

Just back from a visit to Arusuvai in Hillsborough. Wonderful food - chicken niblets, Mysore dosa, aubergine dish as main, breadbasket and a pint of Jaipur. And 10% off as forum member. Beats most South Indians in Sheffield in my view. Well worth a visit.

The food is certainly very good. For perfection, I would like to see a range of better beers available. A deal with Thornbridge to get more bottled beers and perhaps something on draught? Arusuvai would stand out in Hillsborough as a destination for beers and food.