Whats the best age to be?

The age I am now. Born late sixties, grew up in the seventies, which was a pretty good time to grow up, enjoying life now, will be dead by the time global warming is making life really unpleasant. Wins all round.

Mate i would of loved football in the 60s and 70s. Massive crowds and proper footy played by characters.

The age I am now. Born late sixties, grew up in the seventies, which was a pretty good time to grow up, enjoying life now, will be dead by the time global warming is making life really unpleasant. Wins all round.

Couldn't agree more.

However, so far in my life I have thought each period has been the best so far. Oh I hope it continues :D

The best decades though were the 70s 80s by a mile !! I'm smiling just thinking about it.

Edited by andrejuan

The way I read the OP was that Ubermaus was asking what the best age was, not the best era to grow up in. Correct me if I have misunderstood.

Thinking logically, from your list of ages Uber, it has to be the youngest which is 20s. In one respect you would have more natural life left ahead of you, but statistically you would stand a greater chance of being killed through youthful recklessness. (I am only here now by the grace of God). I suppose that when a person reaches 70 the statistics come in to play again with the chance of getting killed simply by crossing the road.

Edited by Janus

Couldn't agree more.

However, so far in my life I have thought each period has been the best so far. Oh I hope it continues :D

The best decades though were the 70s 80s by a mile !! I'm smiling just thinking about it.

Keep hearing the 70s were awesome.

The 90s were decent and noughties were a bit rubbish and this decade its all doom and gloom and austerity.

---------- Post added 26-12-2014 at 12:49 ----------

It.s good to be around today at the age of 64, but i really enjoyed the 60s, 70s, and 80,s then i started to grow up.

Is growing up a bad thing?