Does god get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders and murderers ?

No, I know it's not aimed at Teeney personally but when people state that their belief in "Fairies, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus" deserves to be mocked, thus implying that it is OK to mock on this basis, is this fair?

All I'm pointing out is that this behaviour would not be tolerated away from a computer screen and would certainly not be tolerated by any other religion.

I'm not sure where you are coming from with that? Please explain because the passage of Matthew doesn't seem to relate to the point you are trying to make here.

A law

'However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)'

Jesus's response

'Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.Matthew 5:17'

Plus, how can you even compare going to work for an employer as being a slave?

Edited by SnailyBoy

Have you never said to your son or daughter , if you do this , this will happen as a result of what you do ? Many times I had to say to my boys if you run ahead you will fall over and hurt yourself , God loves us enough to warn us of what will be if we do the actions which take us away from God

I may have, what I did not say though is "if you run I will knock you over, throw you in a fiery pit and leave you there for all eternity, I gave them the freedom to choose and no matter what they choose they will always be my kids, loved and welcomed home without any need to bow down before me, and if they should choose not to come home I would wish for them to be happy no matter what they do.

But then I am not a vengeful angry God.

A law

'However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)'

Jesus's response

'Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.Matthew 5:17'

Plus, how can you even compare going to work for an employer as being a slave?

Again, the Old Law quoted but Jesus has said that whilst the Old Law is still applicable it is love for God that will ultimately matter.

And I can compare employment as to being a slave because we are all slave to money or the world in general.

I ask again what if they run off after you have told them the consequence of running off is that they will fall over but they defy you and run off anyway but they don't fall over. Is that not you telling your child that what you have told them is not in fact correct

No it's warning them of what may happen and actually with my boys 9 times out of 10 it was correct ! As a parent or career you have to look out for the children and teach them

Edited by teeny