Does god get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders and murderers ?

no it means he knows us well and knows before we do if we are going to follow him or not

Are you going to answer my post 716?

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 17:12 ----------

If we had no sickness , no body parts wearing out because we are perfect we wouldn't die

Have you heard of cloud cuckoo land?

In the bible Eve was tempted by a serpent and ate an apple no mention of sex . God created reproduction and as such we would have had painless child birth if we hadn't sinned

And as an intelligent adult you actually believe that? From what I remember of reading that drivel at school, the sin wasn't eating the apple but the fact they both realised they were naked and rumpy pumpy was the result since the serpent was probably attached to Adam :D

I believe that is Gods way of explaining to us what sin is, after all he did tell both Adam and Eve not to eat of the tree of life

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 17:34 ----------

Are you going to answer my post 716?

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 17:12 ----------

Have you heard of cloud cuckoo land?

yes i have and I certainly don't live there !!! do you ?

Edited by teeny

Does God get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders, murderers and people who do awful things during their lives

He must think "oh no here comes another one" as he has done for 1000s of years.

If I was god and another murderer asked for forgiveness I'd be saying

-"why should I forgive you and where was your compassion and forgiveness while you were murdering your victim?"

The murderers would say "well I'm a changed person"

I'd say "the victim is a changed person as they are now dead (or have horrific injuries). The fact is your getting old and you are a couple of years away from death so you are thinking "I may end up going to hell"

I'd then say "take some responsibility"

Surely at some point god has to take a stand?

If I was god I'd be sick of having to spend an eternity with murderers and sex offenders.

What about the victims? if they've gone to heaven too won't they be squabbling and arguing for eternity? murderer and victim arguing

So surely would make sense to send the wrongdoers to hell?

Deaths in the bible:

God---2,270,365...not including the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc...because no specific numbers were given.

Satan:---10.

Just to introduce another perspective. ;)

would you like to expand that particular statement

Appeals to popularity suggest that an idea must be true simply because it is widely held. This is a fallacy because popular opinion can be, and quite often is, mistaken. Hindsight makes this clear: there were times when the majority of the population believed that the Earth is the still centre of the universe, and that diseases are caused by evil spirits; neither of these ideas was true, despite its popularity.

http:// http://www.logicalfallacies.info/relevance/appeals/appeal-to-popularity/

And as an intelligent adult you actually believe that? From what I remember of reading that drivel at school, the sin wasn't eating the apple but the fact they both realised they were naked and rumpy pumpy was the result since the serpent was probably attached to Adam :D

I believe that is Gods way of explaining to us what sin is, after all he did tell both Adam and Eve not to eat of the tree of life

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 17:34 ----------

yes i have and I certainly don't live there !!! do you ?

You still haven't answered post 716 and I certainly don't live in a land of make believe

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 19:23 ----------

I'm also curious as to why your God is punishing you for somebody else's mistake, Not very nice is it? Is that why he accepts murderers but not innocent children into heaven?

I hate to break it to you, but what you believe sounds crazy. Completely detached from reality.

37 pages and we've come to that conclusion.

I could've determined that on page 1.

Remind me again what the aim of this thread is?

As far as I can see we have a single Christian defending her faith against 4 maybe 5 non-believers and the aim is to somehow prove that God does or doesn't exist? :loopy:

Be sure to let Richard Dawkins know the conclusion to this thread because I think he'd like to know how it turns out.