Does god get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders and murderers ?

Innocence and lack of sin also bring death.

If murder and rape are sins then God must be a sinner, assuming that God exists. If we also assume the Devil also exists, if you are good worshiping the Devil is more logical for he has killed less people.

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 13:00 ----------

Genesis 1:27

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

So, what does it mean to be created in God's image? The Hebrew root of the Latin phrase for image of God—imago Dei—means image, shadow or likeness of God. You are a snapshot or facsimile of God. At the very least this means humans occupy a higher place in the created order because we alone are imprinted with godlike characteristics.

So we have some of God's characteristics which is likley the reason we are a violent species.

we are made in Gods image but because of freewill we are not at all like God , God is perfect , sin is imperfection

we are made in Gods image but because of freewill we are not at all like God , God is perfect , sin is imperfection

If God was perfect then everything that happens was meant to happen by design and what sin does a baby commit that means it deserves to suffer?

And why do people that lack belief deserve to spend eternity in hell fire whilst murders can go to heaven?

Edited by anfisa

God can't be all that perfect, he made a prison for Satan (the lake of fire/hell) to suffer eternal torment (note, that's an infinite period) then released him after a thousand years to gather an army. A thousand years is a very finite period, by the way, just one of the many contradictions within the bible.

Quite frankly, the whole affair is plain ridiculous.

God can't be all that perfect, he made a prison for Satan (the lake of fire/hell) to suffer eternal torment (note, that's an infinite period) then released him after a thousand years to gather an army. A thousand years is a very finite period, by the way, just one of the many contradictions within the bible.

Quite frankly, the whole affair is plain ridiculous.

According to the bible those events are yet to happen.

Unless I've missed the return of Jesus?

Yeh..and I am sure you will call out the easter bunny/santa claus when the plane you're in is about to crash.:o

Yeah i might as well like i say god does not exist, religion is just a comfort to some to some people that realise that one day they are going to die, people devoting their one and only existence to something that cannot ever or will be proven is a total waste of life and they need to wake up.

Does God get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders, murderers and people who do awful things during their lives

He must think "oh no here comes another one" as he has done for 1000s of years.

If I was god and another murderer asked for forgiveness I'd be saying

-"why should I forgive you and where was your compassion and forgiveness while you were murdering your victim?"

The murderers would say "well I'm a changed person"

I'd say "the victim is a changed person as they are now dead (or have horrific injuries). The fact is your getting old and you are a couple of years away from death so you are thinking "I may end up going to hell"

I'd then say "take some responsibility"

Surely at some point god has to take a stand?

If I was god I'd be sick of having to spend an eternity with murderers and sex offenders.

What about the victims? if they've gone to heaven too won't they be squabbling and arguing for eternity? murderer and victim arguing

So surely would make sense to send the wrongdoers to hell?

God's too busy starving people to death, creating disease and petillence, and giving children cancer to care what sex offenders get up to. It's not like anyone can compete with him on that front, is it!

God probably doesn't exist by the way, but if he does I doubt whether any rapist or murderer could come close to the suffering he causes for his own sick and twisted pleasure.

Anyway, which 'god' are you talking about? There's loads of them!

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 17:17 ----------

Yeah, but the Bible's just fiction. So's God.

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 17:23 ----------

God is LOVE.

There is no judgement, punishment, favouritism with LOVE - it is unconditional.

Whatever 'God' or 'Gods' that are vengeful, wrathful, murderous in any 'religious' txt, is not God, as I understand it.

The anthropomorphised fabrications of the men that were tasked with scribing such stories, are responsible for this disconnect between actual spirit and humanity.

So this 'god' of yours that you 'understand' isn't responsible for cancer or starvation? Perhaps your god can't stop that, in which case your god is weak and worthy of nothing but contempt!

The when's and where's of Revelations are a debated subject amongst believers, some believe many of the events have already happened and are continuing currently while some believe it is all yet to come.

The timestamps don't matter really, if God claims he's going to imprison Satan forever but release him after only a thousand years, it's a massive contradiction.

God's too busy starving people to death, creating disease and petillence, and giving children cancer to care what sex offenders get up to. It's not like anyone can compete with him on that front, is it!

God probably doesn't exist by the way, but if he does I doubt whether any rapist or murderer could come close to the suffering he causes for his own sick and

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 17:23 ----------

[/color]So this 'god' of yours that you 'understand' isn't responsible for cancer or starvation? Perhaps your god can't stop that, in which case your god is weak and worthy of nothing but contempt!

ITs people allowing their selfishness to keeping their money , not giving the poorest of the poor food , you live in a first world country you know nothing of the challenges of a 3rd world country here the rains come at the wrong times often damaging crops that are nearly ready to harvest or floods causing loss of food ! Last February in Bulawayo we had more rain than in the past 8 years , we are threatened with disaster , the tokwyn dam is leaking not Gods fault it's man made and man now can't stop the leak !

The other factor here is our lifestyle is responsible for triggering cancer , we have processed food , microwaved food , all of which give an increased chance of cancer , we pump food with chemicals . We are weakened towards these illnesses by life style , also the way we use chemicals our free will of course ! Selfish man

we breath the the pollution of what we have created

Edited by teeny

ITs people allowing their selfishness to keeping their money , not giving the poorest of the poor food , you live in a first world country you know nothing of the challenges of a 3rd world country here the rains come at the wrong times often damaging crops that are nearly ready to harvest or floods causing loss of food ! Last February in Bulawayo we had more rain than in the past 8 years , we are threatened with disaster , the tokwyn dam is leaking not Gods fault it's man made and man now can't stop the leak !

The other factor here is our lifestyle is responsible for triggering cancer , we have processed food , microwaved food , all of which give an increased chance of cancer , we pump food with chemicals . We are weakened towards these illnesses by life style , also the way we use chemicals our free will of course ! Selfish man

we breath the the pollution of what we have created

But if we are creatures of god, then who's to say god is good? He may not intervene because he gets off seeing us all starve and kill each other. I think god is bad mutha thooker.

But if we are creatures of god, then who's to say god is good? He may not intervene because he gets off seeing us all starve and kill each other. I think god is bad mutha thooker.

thats because he has given us freewill so we have the power to stop people starving , God is good , he doesn't like seeing the world the way it is .

Since “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23), there is no one who has the right to freedom from God’s wrath on the basis of his own innocence.

As far as babies are concerned, and others who may be incompetent mentally to distinguish right and wrong, it is clear from both Scripture and universal experience that they are sinners by nature and thus will inevitably become sinners by choice as soon as they are able to do so.

The world is now under God’s Curse (Genesis 3:17) because of man’s rebellion against God’s Word.

This “bondage of corruption,” with the “whole world groaning and travailing together in pain” (Romans 8:21-22), is universal, affecting all men and women and children everywhere. God did not create the world this way, and one day will set all things right again. In that day, “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain” (Revelation 21:4).

Jesus on the cross. Click here to read about Jesus.

Learn about how much Jesus Christ suffered

The Lord Jesus Christ, who was the only truly “innocent” and “righteous” man in all history, nevertheless has suffered more than anyone else who ever lived.

And this He did for us! “Christ died for our sins” (I Corinthians 15:3). He suffered and died, in order that ultimately He might deliver the world from the Curse, and that, even now, He can deliver from sin and its bondage anyone who will receive Him in faith as personal Lord and Savior. This great deliverance from the penalty of inherent sin, as well as of overt sins, very possibly also assures the salvation of those who have died before reaching an age of conscious choice of wrong over right.

With our full faith in God’s goodness and in Christ’s redemption, we can recognize that our present sufferings can be turned to His glory and our good.

The sufferings of unsaved men are often used by the Holy Spirit to cause them to realize their needs of salvation and to turn to Christ in repentance and faith. The sufferings of Christians should always be the means of developing a stronger dependence on God and a more Christ-like character, if they are properly “exercised thereby” (Hebrews 12:11).

Thus, God is loving and merciful, even when, “for the present,” He allows trials and sufferings to come in our lives.

“For we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28).