Does god get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders and murderers ?

hi i read the scriptures in deuteronomy i dont see where God supports rape ?

I can't remember the exact verse, but it talks about taking the virgin woman of conquered people for themselves (I hardly think that the women would be willing sexual partners of the people whom killed their mothers and fathers). It also mentions that the consequence of raping a woman is that you have to pay the father money.

I am on my phone so quoting is difficult. I will be on a lap top tomorrow so I can give you links then if you want.

A god (if they exist) is unlikely to be human so would not think or act like one, and in order to make sense of that they are "anthropomorphisised". This is true of the god of the Old Testament, so really His "psyche" is a theological assumption of what we imagine or want it to be.

A god (if they exist) is unlikely to be human so would not think or act like one, and in order to make sense of that they are "anthropomorphisised". This is true of the god of the Old Testament, so really His "psyche" is a theological assumption of what we imagine or want it to be.

Well he (according to the bible) made man in his image so he at least looks human, if you were to assume he exists.

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 13:47 ----------

It was said that Heinrich Himmler repented and turned towards Jesus before he died. If his repentance was genuine, would have he got into heaven?

According to the bible, yes.

There won't be any Jews in Heaven so that will avoid some discomfort. One would hope that God would perhaps begin to see an error in his design and do something about it. There is the argument of freewill of course but what about the freewill of the victims?

Well he (according to the bible) made man in his image so he at least looks human, if you were to assume he exists.

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 13:47 ----------

According to the bible, yes.

Yes, it makes it easier to imagine what He looks like -us. It's been said that if an Ox imagined its god, it would look like an Ox.

Yes, it makes it easier to imagine what He looks like -us. It's been said that if an Ox imagined its god, it would look like an Ox.

The bible, it's believers will tell you, is the word of God. So if God says he looks human, then he must look human (assuming that he exists).

Does God get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders, murderers and people who do awful things during their lives

He must think "oh no here comes another one" as he has done for 1000s of years.

If I was god and another murderer asked for forgiveness I'd be saying

-"why should I forgive you and where was your compassion and forgiveness while you were murdering your victim?"

The murderers would say "well I'm a changed person"

I'd say "the victim is a changed person as they are now dead (or have horrific injuries). The fact is your getting old and you are a couple of years away from death so you are thinking "I may end up going to hell"

I'd then say "take some responsibility"

Surely at some point god has to take a stand?

If I was god I'd be sick of having to spend an eternity with murderers and sex offenders.

What about the victims? if they've gone to heaven too won't they be squabbling and arguing for eternity? murderer and victim arguing

So surely would make sense to send the wrongdoers to hell?

I would say, "but you have killed substantially more people than me, surely you are not going to be an hypocrite and punish me for something that you have also done but on a much larger scale." :)

Please remember that God was also a murderer and sex offender so he may like the company.