Does god get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders and murderers ?

I used to be a nanny for doctors who actually say its lifestyle which can cause cancer and one of them has been published in a medical journal with his findings about increases in bowel and stomach cancers also about a forms of lung cancer being found in places its shouldn't form

Yes some cancers are linked life style and environment but the majority are not, they are random mutation of your DNA and nothing at all to do with the environment or your life style.

Or here..http://thesundayreporter.weebly.com/mistresses-claire-kirton.html

---------- Post added 03-01-2015 at 04:31 ----------

"Sloppy" is being kind.

I am not judging his private life and who knows it may not even be true , I go to Sheffield el shaddai not Houston ! so there for i cannot comment on something i know nothing about

I am not judging his private life and who knows it may not even be true , I go to Sheffield el shaddai not Houston ! so there for i cannot comment on something i know nothing about

Well you should. Did you not say he's a lovely man?

Surely you can comment..it's an organisation you hold in high esteem, an organisation who's CEO is apparently not of good moral character going on the plethora of available links. Burying your head from the actions of the organisations figurehead and sidekicks is somewhat typical of "followers". History is full of deniers who ignore the dodgy morally corrupt actions that run counter to their doctrine...churches are full of them, deniers and perpetrators.

When an atheist commits a crime you rarely if any see an atheist "movement" coming to their defense with the might of that movement ready to cook the books or shift him or her to another continent..

Well you should. Did you not say he's a lovely man?

Surely you can comment..it's an organisation you hold in high esteem, an organisation who's CEO is apparently not of good moral character going on the plethora of available links. Burying your head from the actions of the organisations figurehead and sidekicks is somewhat typical of "followers". History is full of deniers who ignore the dodgy morally corrupt actions that run counter to their doctrine...churches are full of them, deniers and perpetrators.

When an atheist commits a crime you rarely if any see an atheist "movement" coming to their defense with the might of that movement ready to cook the books or shift him or her to another continent..

this was a long time ago and not in the 2 years i have been in the church there , Its only hear say and the source isn't reliable really !! but the head of the church is a sinner just like you and me . I chose this church as they are going to places many churches don't go , the fellowship of the people here is genuine they love God, I am a great be;liever in getting hand dirty especially when i am in Africa on mission to the poorest of the poor , The other factor here is plenty of leaders have been innocent of what they have been charged with ! it basically gossip unless it can be substantiated by that i mean facts not hear say

They are certainly optimistic:

"For every member and partner (and that’s you and I!)

That we are walking in the manifestation of divine mental, physical and

emotional health – we are a cancer-free, diabetes-free and arthritis-free

zone!

That we are experiencing the miracle of debt cancellation

That our families are enjoying their covenant of protection

That salvation is to us and our households

Our year of the open door

We have an open door which no man can shut and His name is Jesus

We have an open door of family wholeness

We have an open door of fresh revelation knowledge

We have an open door of utterance and global impact. Every nation

will be touched by the anointing that flows from this house.

We have an open door of enterprise and entrepreneurship. Witty

ideas and inventions are ours

He is our recompense this year. Every seed we have ever sown is

about to bear fruit.

We have supernatural favour. We will be distinguished and set apart

We find the place of our blessing this year. God makes room for us"

No it's true we don't but for instance people died from German measles , mumps , consumption , polio , even rickets but we do know some kinds of cancer were around a long time ago

So these diseases were created by God were they since he created everything? I'll tell that to my friend whose 10 year old son died of bone cancer and harmed no-one but spent his last days helping others. How according to your knowledgeable friend did a little boys lifestyle create the cancer?

They are certainly optimistic:

"For every member and partner (and that’s you and I!)

That we are walking in the manifestation of divine mental, physical and

emotional health – we are a cancer-free, diabetes-free and arthritis-free

zone!

That we are experiencing the miracle of debt cancellation

That our families are enjoying their covenant of protection

That salvation is to us and our households

Our year of the open door

We have an open door which no man can shut and His name is Jesus

We have an open door of family wholeness

We have an open door of fresh revelation knowledge

We have an open door of utterance and global impact. Every nation

will be touched by the anointing that flows from this house.

We have an open door of enterprise and entrepreneurship. Witty

ideas and inventions are ours

He is our recompense this year. Every seed we have ever sown is

about to bear fruit.

We have supernatural favour. We will be distinguished and set apart

We find the place of our blessing this year. God makes room for us"

Faith is believing without evidence and pulling apart what people believe is wrong it kind of like bullying people to believe and say what you want to you these statements cannot be real but i can tell you this is what Christians do believe and nothing you can say to me will change my opinion on what i have faith in and what i know and indeed have seen throughout my life and have seen very recently in Africa

RB- point was that we have an innate system that brings God in to the picture- even if children are not told.

That's partly correct. But not entirely honest. The fact is children, or our species, have an innate tendency to apply agency - any agency: personal or impersonal - when they have a limited knowledge. We do this to build a model of reality so we can understand, survive and function in it.

If you placed a bunch of kids on an island without exposing them to our current understanding of reality, they would, because of ignorance create very simple but functional models of reality allowing them to make sense of their environment. Why does it rain or thunder? They don't know. So they invent agencies based on what evidentially exists: their own species or other animals and create elaborate stories to help them understand why it rains or thunders. Their model of reality is wrong, but it is workable and it serves its basic purpose.

If you gave those children more accurate information as to why it rains or thunders, or information assuring them there is no monster under the bed, those agencies wouldn't be necessary; they wouldn't invent those agencies(monsters or whatever) as explanations.

We aren't born to believe in intelligent beings(gods). But belief in them is a direct consequence of our intelligence, ignorance and paranoia.

Edited by Ryedo40

Faith is believing without evidence and pulling apart what people believe is wrong it kind of like bullying people to believe and say what you want to you these statements cannot be real but i can tell you this is what Christians do believe and nothing you can say to me will change my opinion on what i have faith in and what i know and indeed have seen throughout my life and have seen very recently in Africa

It's possible that some who are viewing this thread will be highly impressed with these claims (who needs evidence?) and join your church, isn't that the purpose of these mission statements?

It's possible that some who are viewing this thread will be highly impressed with these claims (who needs evidence?) and join your church, isn't that the purpose of these mission statements?

No its to encourage people to have a relationship with God , it doesn't matter if you didn't come to the same church , it's about faith and relationship in and with God