Does god get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders and murderers ?

Faith has nothing to do with truth.

If what you believe was true you wouldn't need faith.

I think we are wasting our time now since I believe in the here and now, not some over-zealous fairy and others choose to believe that there is some sort of after life so on that note I think I have no where else to go on this thread. Logic has gone out of the window

I think we are wasting our time now since I believe in the here and now, not some over-zealous fairy and others choose to believe that there is some sort of after life so on that note I think I have no where else to go on this thread. Logic has gone out of the window

Agreed....

Fair point!

perhaps that's why certain religous people are known as "people of faith"

If God was proven faith wouldn't be required.

and people would just believe , no freewill etc ?!like little robots where's the the choice in that ?

Edited by teeny

and people would just believe , no freewill etc ?!like little robots where's the the choice in that ?

But why should it require faith to have freewill? They'd still have the option to obey God's will(not theirs) or give him the finger.

But why should it require faith to have freewill? They'd still have the option to obey God's will(not theirs) or give him the finger.

If Faith weren't required because God is proven , then we know his word is true and we wouldn't step out of line as we would know that God is real so there fore our freewill would go and we would be always perfect

---------- Post added 09-01-2015 at 09:07 ----------

and inevitably... no healthy debate either!:)

in your opinion

If Faith weren't required because God is proven , then we know his word is true and we wouldn't step out of line as we would know that God is real so there fore our freewill would go and we would be always perfect

But your God wants people to know his word is true. So why would that be a bad thing? Also, freewill wouldn't go out the window. If people disagreed with your God, they'd side with the other guy who also disagreed with your God.

But your God wants people to know his word is true. So why would that be a bad thing? Also, freewill wouldn't go out the window. If people disagreed with your God, they'd side with the other guy who also disagreed with your God.

thats why we have to seek him and actually want to know him , God doesn't force us into a relationship with him

thats why we have to seek him and actually want to know him , God doesn't force us into a relationship with him

He sort of does. His message is "Love me (and only me), or I shall arrange for you to be tortured horribly for all of eternity".

I would consider that forced. If I threatened a lady with torture for the rest of her life unless she had sex with me, would you consider her to have been forced to have sex?