Has anyone received post today? I'm S13 (27/12/14) ta

natajak

What is wrong with people ? We have the best post service in the world ! Have you ever seen the size of the bags posties carry abroad .Our posties bags are massive compared to theirs and weigh a ton . Surely people can wait an extra couple of days . The posties would be out it was safe to be so . A second person has just fallen down on our rd !

It's a bit of snow and they are not delivering what they have been paid to do! It's times like this you depend on the service and they are very quick to let you down!

its now sheets of solid ice that people refuse to clear. its hard enough to walk on it when its just you, imagine carrying a few streets worth of post and packages as well.

I've not had any in Lowedges - but i'm not surprised, and wouldn't expect it! The main roads are getting much better, but the side roads are like sheet ice. Mr Postie can hang on to my bills a little longer, as far as im concerned :)

Saw a postie on Handsworth main road opposite Asda this morning , but not seen any down the side streets.

I can vouch for the "spikes" though. I use yaktrax and have had no trouble walking on the iced over pavements. If RM don't issue these to their posties in these conditions then they really should.

Been no post in S20 although tracking a parcel that was promised for today has been dropped off at Halfway depot with the excuse our address was Not accessible despite the fact the road has been gritted all cars are getting around the estate with no problems

Snow! Bone idle more like.

Yep, bone idle me. I dug my car out at 5.30am on Saturday morning, then got stuck just down the road, had to dig it out again and abandon it on the grass verge. I then walked to the tram stop on Donetsk way only to see no trams were running. I finally got to work at 7.30am, 2 hours after I set off.

We did all the work in the office (very little mail had gotten through anyway) and the sensible decision was taken to not go out on delivery, main roads were bad enough but side roads were pretty much impassable and crashes/stuck vans would have been pretty much inevitable. Many roads were already blocked and filled with abandoned vehicles anyway.

Those delivering in the city centre did their deliveries as normal as they don't use vans.

Oh, and I've been a postie since the mid-90's - 'back in the day' deliveries would have been cancelled in those conditions exactly the same.