Has anyone received post today? I'm S13 (27/12/14) ta

natajak

Don't expect much in S12 / S13 today either as Pit Lane wasn't cleared so we still couldn't get down last night.

Four years ago, I cleared that myself, at least down to the flats car park so I could get my car up the hill. The firemen also joined in. Seems a job one person can do is beyond the realms of an entire staffed sorting office.

It's a bit of snow and they are not delivering what they have been paid to do! It's times like this you depend on the service and they are very quick to let you down!

Did you go out on Saturday and drive around all the side roads of Sheffield without issue? Did you walk around in it for 4+hrs carrying bags full of stuff? Did you see the hundreds if not thousands of abandoned and stuck vehicles all over Sheffield?

Unlike other jobs such as working in retail or some offices, posties don't miss a days work just because they get sent home. The work is still there and still has to be caught up on.

It is now Monday 29th December at 16.40pm. I have not had a Royal Mail delivery since Monday 22nd December. On that date, I did a test post, by posting myself a first class letter mid afternoon from Hillsborough Post Office. It has not yet arrive 1 week later, despite at least 3 possible days for delivery. Contrary to that, I ordered on line at Amazon on Friday 26th December. A courier was on my untreated road delivering my items on Sunday - yes Sunday, 28th December!! That is what I expect when I pay for a first class service, not a no show 1 week later. Let's get some concept of Customer Service back into Royal Mail before it disappears forever. Customers will not put up with these shabby services and shabby excuses when private companies and deliverers have just proven to me that they can cope more than adequately and fulfil their contractual promise.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 16:51 ----------

Did you go out on Saturday and drive around all the side roads of Sheffield without issue? Did you walk around in it for 4+hrs carrying bags full of stuff? Did you see the hundreds if not thousands of abandoned and stuck vehicles all over Sheffield?

Unlike other jobs such as working in retail or some offices, posties don't miss a days work just because they get sent home. The work is still there and still has to be caught up on.

Please have a look at my post mate. I posted a first class letter midday afternoon Monday 22nd December. That gave opportunity for delivery on Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th long before the snow. It still hasn't come. Today is Monday 29th. No reason that I can see for no delivery today. Amazon managed to get a courier to me on Sunday 28th for something ordered on Friday 27th so why on earth Royal Mail cant deliver a letter posted fist class on 22nd by now is beyond me? No wonder you are losing customers. I sincerely hope you don't have to face more cuts and really do appreciate the day to day job that you all do - but customer service surely should be paramount in this ever increasing competitive market?

Are there still 'time sensitive' documents that warrant postmen / women endangering their health? This is a serious question. I have been trying to think of any post I received recently that I couldn't have waited a few days extra for.

In past times people used to wait for giros and cheques, but those days have gone with bank transfers. As have important documents such as tax forms and insurance cover notes with that advent of email. Although I do appreciate not everyone has access to Internet. Perhaps someone could think of something that would need an urgent delivery. (I'm sure there's something)

So you expect someone to risk life and limb, it's treacherous on footpaths. They'll be lucky to even get to sorting office where you live. Are you supposed to be working today?

i was a postman in the 70s 80s and 90s i had to do my round in all weathers even black ice too soft these days

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 17:49 ----------

Apparently Royal Mail is taking it to their discretion on if deliveries are happening. My friends hubby works in Bradford and was just sent home as his route is unsafe. I suspect the same will be throughout Sheffield..

unsafe ok it may be but it was unsafe when i did my round in the 70s and 80s but it got done

Apparently i missed a delivery today, I was in at the time specified on the tracking and no card has been put through the letter box! Its an amazon delivery that should have arrived Saturday! (via bloody prime to!! GRR). Because i dont have the missed delivery card i cant rearrange the delivery nor can i collect it myself from the sorting office. As much as Yodel do my box in. i bet they'd have delivered by now. Any idea's how i can get my parcel? before i contact Amazon.

Apparently i missed a delivery today, I was in at the time specified on the tracking and no card has been put through the letter box! Its an amazon delivery that should have arrived Saturday! (via bloody prime to!! GRR). Because i dont have the missed delivery card i cant rearrange the delivery nor can i collect it myself from the sorting office. As much as Yodel do my box in. i bet they'd have delivered by now. Any idea's how i can get my parcel? before i contact Amazon.

If this was a Royal Mail delivery (you don't say who the courier was) just go to https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redelivery/book and fill out the online form. You won't be asked to produce the missed delivery card, and you can fill out the form without it.

It is now Monday 29th December at 16.40pm. I have not had a Royal Mail delivery since Monday 22nd December. On that date, I did a test post, by posting myself a first class letter mid afternoon from Hillsborough Post Office. It has not yet arrive 1 week later, despite at least 3 possible days for delivery. Contrary to that, I ordered on line at Amazon on Friday 26th December. A courier was on my untreated road delivering my items on Sunday - yes Sunday, 28th December!! That is what I expect when I pay for a first class service, not a no show 1 week later. Let's get some concept of Customer Service back into Royal Mail before it disappears forever. Customers will not put up with these shabby services and shabby excuses when private companies and deliverers have just proven to me that they can cope more than adequately and fulfil their contractual promise.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 16:51 ----------

Please have a look at my post mate. I posted a first class letter midday afternoon Monday 22nd December. That gave opportunity for delivery on Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th long before the snow. It still hasn't come. Today is Monday 29th. No reason that I can see for no delivery today. Amazon managed to get a courier to me on Sunday 28th for something ordered on Friday 27th so why on earth Royal Mail cant deliver a letter posted fist class on 22nd by now is beyond me? No wonder you are losing customers. I sincerely hope you don't have to face more cuts and really do appreciate the day to day job that you all do - but customer service surely should be paramount in this ever increasing competitive market?

Did you note the last posting date for 1st class mail? The 20th? So why did you expect a 'test letter' you posted yourself on the 22nd to turn up the day after?

25th and 26th were non-service days, heavy snow overnight on the 26th/27th delayed all the mail both on the roads and actual deliveries. 28th was a Sunday.

You're hardly being reasonable are you.

Oh, and Amazon use Royal Mail for the vast majority of their deliveries because we offer the best service. Simple as that.

Oh, and Amazon use Royal Mail for the vast majority of their deliveries because we offer the best service. Simple as that.

Normally i would agree 100% however they have let me down today, not with the lack of deliveries, thats understandable if a pain! RMs tracking is saying they have attempted to deliver a parcel today, no card put through and i was in anyway. Hoping it just turns up over the next few days.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 21:17 ----------

If this was a Royal Mail delivery (you don't say who the courier was) just go to https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redelivery/book and fill out the online form. You won't be asked to produce the missed delivery card, and you can fill out the form without it.

Tried that, it wont let me as it requires a reference number from the actual card. But thanks anyway :)