Has anyone received post today? I'm S13 (27/12/14) ta

natajak

Normally i would agree 100% however they have let me down today, not with the lack of deliveries, thats understandable if a pain! RMs tracking is saying they have attempted to deliver a parcel today, no card put through and i was in anyway. Hoping it just turns up over the next few days.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 21:17 ----------

Tried that, it wont let me as it requires a reference number from the actual card. But thanks anyway :)

I've been carded before for a signed for delivery and the postie hasn't put the reference number on, just leave it blank. I've re-arranged delivery dozens of times and often not had a reference number, never had a problem getting the parcel redelivered

I've been carded before for a signed for delivery and the postie hasn't put the reference number on, just leave it blank. I've re-arranged delivery dozens of times and often not had a reference number, never had a problem getting the parcel redelivered

Will have another bash at it, think it may be because its special delivery its just a low cost order.

Did you note the last posting date for 1st class mail? The 20th? So why did you expect a 'test letter' you posted yourself on the 22nd to turn up the day after?

25th and 26th were non-service days, heavy snow overnight on the 26th/27th delayed all the mail both on the roads and actual deliveries. 28th was a Sunday.

You're hardly being reasonable are you.

Oh, and Amazon use Royal Mail for the vast majority of their deliveries because we offer the best service. Simple as that.

Sad to say Rob you miss the point I am making. I would have expected my "test" letter to have turned up by now looking at your RM postal dates, The fact is - it hasn't, and yet Amazon has - I am really intrigued to understand your explanation for such an appalling service given the dates of service advertised on the RM website, ands of course, excluding 27th, which was deemed a non service date on your website ----but STILL no delivery??? Isn't that a joke?? And whilst we are at it then - formal complaint was lodged with RM. Email reply promised a reply within 3 working days? Have I got one?????? YOU imagine the answer mate...... 3 working days expire in 75 minutes and no response received. Says it all Methinks

I forgot to send my son a card (bad mother!) so popped it hopefully in the post late on Monday 22nd December (last guaranteed delivery date for first class was Saturday 29th). He got it Tuesday morning. I'm fed up of people slagging off Royal Mail - their loss/non-delivery rate is something miniscule (I'll post all the relevant stats when I get them). Calling all posties "bone idle" is just being deliberately inflammatory.

I realise this is slightly off-topic since the snow hadn't arrived at that point, but as I say, it seems some people will take any opportunity to criticise RM. I went out this morning and could barely stand up on the icy pavements. The thought of doing that with a heavy sack and no freedom to balance myself was daunting.

Edited by MrsMozzy

So - a delivery today from RM in Sheffield 6 finally. Interestingly enough and so ironic - initial delivery a parcel for next door neighbours who are away. Actual post turned up some 2 hours later. BUT - still no sign of my letter posted to myself on 22nd First Class yet have a 2nd Class posted on 24th which arrived today?? Once again, Amazon couriers delivered today amazingly well. Order placed early yesterday with first class delivery and delivered today by courier at 2.40pm - for only £1.47 for a huge parcel. I think I can now rest my case......

Once again, Amazon couriers delivered today amazingly well. Order placed early yesterday with first class delivery and delivered today by courier at 2.40pm - for only £1.47 for a huge parcel. I think I can now rest my case......

That's what a decent company is capable of achieving...

So you expect someone to risk life and limb, it's treacherous on footpaths. They'll be lucky to even get to sorting office where you live. Are you supposed to be working today?

then the royal mail should give them appropriate footwear - I have a set of studs attached to a stretchy rubber mesh which fits over most shoes and they give excellent grip on ice. It does not cost much and the pavements in Sheffield are in this state every year, so its nothing unexpected they are needing to cope with!

I realise this is slightly off-topic since the snow hadn't arrived at that point, but as I say, it seems some people will take any opportunity to criticise RM. I went out this morning and could barely stand up on the icy pavements. The thought of doing that with a heavy sack and no freedom to balance myself was daunting.

We are company from Ireland, we send a lot of packages worldwide. It is really awkward for me to explain UK customers that Royal Mail works the way they do. It is common thing that packages sent to Australia arrive after 4 days and it takes up to 10 working days for UK deliveries. It is less than 300 miles in distance from Ireland.