The vile racism of some Daily Mail readers.

For one; you're misrepresenting the views you quoted, as being 'vile racism' in order to draw attention to this thread.

If that's trolling at all; it's a very mild form. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 18:50 ----------

Are we not allowed any vestige of white culture anymore? Is it racist to for a white person to not want his culture absorbed and lost in the soup of multiculturalism (for fear of offending people from other cultural backgrounds)?

Is a white person who wants a cultural identity of his own, necessarily racist?

Am I racist for even posing such questions?

Why would a fictional MI6 agent need to be white, surely there are black MI6 agents? What has this got to do with your white culture?

For one; you're misrepresenting the views you quoted, as being 'vile racism' in order to draw attention to this thread.

If that's trolling at all; it's a very mild form. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 18:50 ----------

Are we not allowed any vestige of white culture anymore? Is it racist to for a white person to not want his culture absorbed and lost in the soup of multiculturalism (for fear of offending people from other cultural backgrounds)?

Is a white person who wants a cultural identity of his own, necessarily racist?

Am I racist for even posing such questions?

Is a man who wants gender identity of his own, such as the character M, as previously mentioned, sexist? Why was there not such an uproar when M was cast as a woman in recent years?

I wonder what Ian Fleming would have said, maybe 'if it's not broken don't fix it'

While he was alive I don't think he objected to the actors who played James Bond, not sure if he was alive when George Lazenby played Bond

The original description for Bond was dark hair, blue eyes and a large scar down the left side of his face. How many so far have met that description?

EDIT: I don't think a black actor is supposed to "fix" anything, it's just another progressive step.

He's always been played by a white actor. What exactly are the reasons for changing that now?

This may be a bit to the side, but Ian Fleming's personal choice for actor to play Bond before the first one was made (Dr. No-1962) was Richard Todd.

This may be a bit to the side, but Ian Fleming's personal choice for actor to play Bond before the first one was made (Dr. No-1962) was Richard Todd.

Richard Todd was only about 5'8" maybe one reason he wasn't chosen.

I don't see why something like who plays who has to progress, has Daniel Craig decided not to play Bond after 'Spectre'? I think Hugh Jackman could play Bond or Clive Owen

Why would a fictional MI6 agent need to be white, surely there are black MI6 agents? What has this got to do with your white culture?

Is a man who wants gender identity of his own, such as the character M, as previously mentioned, sexist? Why was there not such an uproar when M was cast as a woman in recent years?

Again; it's all to do with the underlaying reasons for the change.

Someone was telling me recently, how her grand-daughter was not taught to sing Christian themed carols in her (multi-cultural) school. Instead, they have non-religious Christmas songs (by Wham etc). The point isn't about religion; it's about the steady erosion of traditional white culture, in order to accommodate (not offend) other cultures.

I think so long as that isn't happening, and it's not influencing casting decisions; then it makes no difference what colour Mr Bond is...

I think it's a fair question to ask though; why the change now?

Again; it's all to do with the underlaying reasons for the change.

Someone was telling me recently, how her grand-daughter was not taught to sing Christian themed carols in her (multi-cultural) school. Instead, they have non-religious Christmas songs (by Wham etc). The point isn't about religion; it's about the steady erosion of traditional white culture, in order to accommodate (not offend) other cultures.

I think so long as that isn't happening, and it's not influencing casting decisions; then it makes no difference what colour Mr Bond is...

I think it's a fair question to ask though; why the change now?

Maybe they thought that a specific actor would would be perfect for the role of Bond and he happened to be Black, as opposed to them choosing to cast the next Bond as black and then looking for an actor?

Also, they should definitely get new script writers in. The last lot (on Sky Fall) were abysmal. The film was painful to watch, it was incredulous.

I mean; some rouge spy who escaped death; suddenly has the resources at hand to take on the entire British secret service and armed forces. Oh, I know, rather than using all the resources we have at hand to affect a satisfactory conclusion; we'll just drive up to a little cottage in Scotland and defend some useless old hag with shotguns and exploding light-bulbs...