The vile racism of some Daily Mail readers.

The original description for Bond was dark hair, blue eyes and a large scar down the left side of his face. How many so far have met that description?

EDIT: I don't think a black actor is supposed to "fix" anything, it's just another progressive step.

mmmm progressive step eh?? how does that work and as i remember there are not many black men with blue eyes? in fact i cant remember any actors eye colour in any film!

I think idris would be a brilliant bond. I mean, if you needed someone to save the world from those damn commies or terrorists, idris Elba or a middle aged over weight roger Moore faffing about in a safari suit trying bang some anonymous Middle aged character actress. I want a decent actor playing bond. Danial Craig has been good though.

Is a man who wants gender identity of his own, such as the character M, as previously mentioned, sexist? Why was there not such an uproar when M was cast as a woman in recent years?

People weren't bothered enough to object maybe because M wasn't the main character.

Would there be an uproar if the actor who plays 'Luther' was replaced by a white actor?

Maybe they thought that a specific actor would would be perfect for the role of Bond and he happened to be Black, as opposed to them choosing to cast the next Bond as black and then looking for an actor?

Maybe.

I don't think we'll ever know the truth of the matter, all we can do is speculate.

It could also have been done for financial reasons or even some kind of publicity stunt. I would imagine profit is going to be the prime consideration for casting on any big film these days. Maybe the studio trying to create a little controversy, which they feel will ultimately increase box office takings?

Racism? Don't make me laugh... If a character who is portrayed in a book as a particular race then, to be true to the story, he/she should remain the same...

Paradoxically, if there was a campaign to change a black character to a white one... the OP would cry racism as well...

I think idris would be a brilliant bond. I mean, if you needed someone to save the world from those damn commies or terrorists, idris Elba or a middle aged over weight roger Moore faffing about in a safari suit trying bang some anonymous Middle aged character actress. I want a decent actor playing bond. Danial Craig has been good though.

I don't think I've seen this new chap in anything; what's he like?

Yeah, Roger Moore was a bit on the limp side. I really like Daniel Craig as bond too, really gritty and hands on.

People weren't bothered enough to object maybe because M wasn't the main character.

Would there be an uproar if the actor who plays 'Luther' was replaced by a white actor?

You do love Daniel Craig though Cressy, so are biased :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 19:48 ----------

I like Roger Moore best as Bond... Okay he wouldn't stand a chance in real life to do any of the stuff Bond did, but Moore's films were funnier than any of the others...

I don't think I've seen this new chap in anything; what's he like?

Yeah, Roger Moore was a bit on the limp side. I really like Daniel Craig as bond too, really gritty and hands on.

Luther? He's been phoning it in since the Wire. I've no problem with a black Bond but Elba is too old, and his performances are too flat lately.

Tom Hardy would be a good Bond but they'll have to put him on stilts.

Sullivan Stapleton is also great for the role.

The only good black actor for the role is John Boyega but he's too young and a bit busy at the moment. Give him 10 years and he'll make an incredible Bond.

Also, they should definitely get new script writers in. The last lot (on Sky Fall) were abysmal. The film was painful to watch, it was incredulous.

I mean; some rouge spy who escaped death; suddenly has the resources at hand to take on the entire British secret service and armed forces. Oh, I know, rather than using all the resources we have at hand to affect a satisfactory conclusion; we'll just drive up to a little cottage in Scotland and defend some useless old hag with shotguns and exploding light-bulbs...

I watched it for the first and last time last night and your thoughts reflect my thoughts precisely.