The vile racism of some Daily Mail readers.

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 21:20 ----------

The performance will overshadow the colour/ethnicity of an actor to the point it won't be recognized. Unless of course you're racist.

Correct, I may be a bit of an old git but do not consider myself racist. When I watch a film, play or TV program I just want to be entertained.

Idris Elba is a very good and powerful actor with 'presence', in my opinion I would most probably enjoy it, depending upon the story and production.

Incidentally, I had read most of the Jeffrey Deaver novels about Lincoln Rhyme before watching Denzil Washington in 'The Bone Collector' film.

As far as I recall there is no mention whatsoever in the books about Lincoln Rhyme being African-American.

So what? Denzil is a terrific actor with 'presence' and I enjoyed the film. Which is all that matters.

I agree with the posters who have already pointed out that none of the quotes from the Daily Mail website were racist. It is another example of how casually the 'racist' insult is used and why it has lost it's potency.

That said, the James Bond films have kept pace with time (as in they aren't set in the 50's and 60's) and James Bond could well be black. I think Idris Elba would make a great James Bond.