Our immigration policy..

My understanding is probably incorrect or incomplete; but as I understand it...

Our immigration policy isn't determined by ourselves; it's determined by Europe; and the reason we don't want to leave Europe, is so we can continue to benefit from free trade agreements with other European countries.

Is that correct?

My understanding is probably incorrect or incomplete; but as I understand it...

Our immigration policy isn't determined by ourselves; it's determined by Europe; and the reason we don't want to leave Europe, is so we can continue to benefit from free trade agreements with other European countries.

Is that correct?

More incomplete than incorrect.

More incomplete than incorrect.

Thank you charmer. :)

Please feel free to contribute any key components I've missed. I'm not usually all that interested and don't pay attention to politics; but thought it's something I should at least try to get my head around.

The current immigration policy and the one before from Labour are racist. They accept unlimited numbers from Europe, mostly white, but make it very difficult for people from the Commonwealth, mostly none white, to come here.

Aren't most immigration policies quite exclusionary by their very nature?

The current immigration policy and the one before from Labour are racist. They accept unlimited numbers from Europe, mostly white, but make it very difficult for people from the Commonwealth, mostly none white, to come here.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/03/nigel-farage-keep-on-about-eu-migration-but-non-eu-migration-is-the-greater-problem/

And that’s what you get from Ukip…........... And of the 3.8 million people – net, not gross – who came to Britain under Labour, no fewer than 70 per cent were from outside the EU. The notion that immigration is a problem of EU membership just isn’t true.

Aren't most immigration policies quite exclusionary by their very nature?

No they should treat all applicants the same, we should choose those with the skills needed. Currently those from Europe are given automatic entrance while those from other parts of the world aren't.

That's because we are all part of the EU.

Consider this. I work for a company (this is Britain in this analogy), that has a private umbrella company (think eu). Now I can get access to all buildings owned by my parent country (eu) and also to the buildings of its other subsidiaries (other eu countries). This is normal policy.

If you, as an employee of a completely different company not affiliated with the eu ) needed access, you would need to be approved. Normal policy as well.