Our immigration policy..

I'd disagree, a lack of funding from central government, and ever expensive treatments coupled people living longer with more chronic illnesses that's led to the lack of funds within the NHS.

All those are lack of planning and are caused by a short sighted and short term few of our current and future problems.

All those are lack of planning and are caused by a short sighted and short term few of our current and future problems.

So what's UKIP's answer? Take the spending cuts ring fence away from the NHS! It looks like under them we'd have more foreign nurses as the NHS looks to save more money!

That is a choice for you.

Isn't the choice vote UKIP, no significant money injection (no pun intended) into the NHS, so there will be more foreign nurses and less trained UK nurses?

Unless you can find a way to square the circle this does seem a logical conclusion.

So what's UKIP's answer? Take the spending cuts ring fence away from the NHS! It looks like under them we'd have more foreign nurses as the NHS looks to save more money!

I did not say that UKIP had an answer and the topic is about immigration policy not UKIP.

There is some evidence a couple of posts back, they overlooked 80,000 British people in one year.

80,000 people to do what?.............train to be nurses.

I am talking about qualified nurses that the NHS is short of,they hired non EU nurses because they were more qualified than what was available in the EU.

Edited by chalga

Isn't the choice vote UKIP, no significant money injection (no pun intended) into the NHS, so there will be more foreign nurses and less trained UK nurses?

Unless you can find a way to square the circle this does seem a logical conclusion.

Don't forget the bit about sacking all the current middle management and replacing them with management from the private sector with proven track records in bringing down costs and improving productivity. i.e. lower short term costs and reduced long term planning, which just means even more foreign nurses on zero-hours contracts.

But we'll have free hospital parking too, so no problem!

I did not say that UKIP had an answer and the topic is about immigration policy not UKIP.

You are right about UKIP not having an answer. This discussion has been useful in highlighting how policies in one area, such as trying to keep a lid on NHS spending, has a knock on effect on government policies in other areas, such as immigration.

You are right about UKIP not having an answer. This discussion has been useful in highlighting how policies in one area, such as trying to keep a lid on NHS spending, has a knock on effect on government policies in other areas, such as immigration.

I did not say that they did not have an answer.