Our immigration policy..

Would it not be better to have an immigration policy based on individual merit (rather than skin pigmentation or country of origin etc)?

For example (and I think Australia may do something like this), we could give people a score based on what they have to offer (skills, education, job lined up, etc), we could then accept higher scoring candidates and reject lower scoring ones. I don't see what's wrong with controlling the influx of people in to UK, such that we get more skilled and educated people.

Or is that a bad idea?

Would it not be better to have an immigration policy based on individual merit (rather than skin pigmentation or country of origin etc)?

For example (and I think Australia may do something like this), we could give people a score based on what they have to offer (skills, education, job lined up, etc), we could then accept higher scoring candidates and reject lower scoring ones. I don't see what's wrong with controlling the influx of people in to UK, such that we get more skilled and educated people.

Or is that a bad idea?

Da dar... that's UKIP's immigration policy.. :thumbsup:

That's because we are all part of the EU.

Consider this. I work for a company (this is Britain in this analogy), that has a private umbrella company (think eu). Now I can get access to all buildings owned by my parent country (eu) and also to the buildings of its other subsidiaries (other eu countries). This is normal policy.

If you, as an employee of a completely different company not affiliated with the eu ) needed access, you would need to be approved. Normal policy as well.

I guess the downside of being in the club (EU) is that we don't get to set our own policy on a number of issues then? (probably a lot more than just immigration).

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 20:47 ----------

Da dar... that's UKIP's immigration policy.. :thumbsup:

It can't be. Everyone says UKIP is racist; but what I described is not racist, it's a lot fairer than what we have now (which discriminates against people outside the EU).

Or is that a bad idea?

You have to leave the EU,then you can find out what kind of idea it is.

It can't be. Everyone says UKIP is racist; but what I described is not racist, it's a lot fairer than what we have now (which discriminates against people outside the EU).

The UKIP policy doesn't alter the position of non EU citizens entering the UK to work,the same discrimination will still be there,it just puts EU people in the same position as non EU people,so the discrimination that you describe applies to both sets of people.

The UKIP policy doesn't alter the position of non EU citizens entering the UK to work,the same discrimination will still be there,it just puts EU people in the same position as non EU people,so the discrimination that you describe applies to both sets of people.

None EU applicants don't have free movement so it is totally discriminatory..

We wouldn't be in the EU so everyone would be treated the same. UKIP's Immigration policy would be illegal under EU rules. Probably because its fair.

No,the discrimination that Waldo describes would still exist under UKIP...........their position remains unchanged...........the only thing that does change is the situation of EU people.........they move to the same discrimination that Waldo describes as now applying to Non EU people.They both do not have the free movement that you describe.