Younger guys treated like 2nd class citizens

Just been to the shops. Bag burst on way home. Ignored at counter.
It burst at the counter, or this was separate?
Ignored by people on street.

Am pretty sure if i was a woman i would of been given a hand.

So, you're complaining that guys (like you) would help a pretty girl, but not you...

Have got pretty used to people in this town not giving a hoot and never asking if youre ok etc.

Am sure men are discriminated against too. I could go days before anyone utters a kind word yet its young men who are meant to help others. Could do with a hand sometines.

When I came off my bike on the tram tracks, quite a few people asked if I was okay, men and women both.

Perhaps men are generally just perceived as not requiring any assistance, be glad that you appear to be competent enough to manage on your own.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 12:17 ----------

Young men are by far the most likely to be a victim of a crime. And are discriminated against in many ways, particularly financially.

Victim of crime (assault), perpetrated by other young men.

Not sure how they are financially discriminated against at all, unless you're comparing them to pensioners who get discounts. :huh:

It burst at the counter, or this was separate?

So, you're complaining that guys (like you) would help a pretty girl, but not you...

When I came off my bike on the tram tracks, quite a few people asked if I was okay, men and women both.

Perhaps men are generally just perceived as not requiring any assistance, be glad that you appear to be competent enough to manage on your own.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 12:17 ----------

Victim of crime (assault), perpetrated by other young men.

Not sure how they are financially discriminated against at all, unless you're comparing them to pensioners who get discounts. :huh:

Pretty girl? Pointless replying to your posts if misquoted.

Just been to the shops. Bag burst on way home. Ignored at counter. Ignored by people on street.

Am pretty sure if i was a woman i would of been given a hand.

Have got pretty used to people in this town not giving a hoot and never asking if youre ok etc.

Am sure men are discriminated against too. I could go days before anyone utters a kind word yet its young men who are meant to help others. Could do with a hand sometines.

Gee whizz, man up. Ever had to improvise or something similar?

Didnt you think to pop into another shop and blag another bag or box?

You sound like some of the agency staff I work with...I.e. no common sense.

god help us if there's a WWIII...

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

I don't think Sheffield is any less friendly that anywhere else, but anyway...

You just have to ask people in a friendly way; and they'll often respond with kindness. However, if you're feeling messed up, hurt, angry; people will not respond well to you. You pretty much get what you give.

So if you are decent with people, and find certain people still don't give a hoot; then they're probably just snooty and not worth your time anyway. They've actually done you a favour by filtering themselves out of your life! (to make room for more decent people)

Everyone who has ever shopped has had a bag burst in the street. You just have to improvise. How will you manage if something that is actually bad happens to you? You should practise self reliance, it will stand you in good stead in difficult situations.

I did improvise. Can you read?

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 18:10 ----------

Gee whizz, man up. Ever had to improvise or something similar?

Didnt you think to pop into another shop and blag another bag or box?

You sound like some of the agency staff I work with...I.e. no common sense.

god help us if there's a WWIII...

As above. Read the thread.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 18:15 ----------

I don't think Sheffield is any less friendly that anywhere else, but anyway...

You just have to ask people in a friendly way; and they'll often respond with kindness. However, if you're feeling messed up, hurt, angry; people will not respond well to you. You pretty much get what you give.

So if you are decent with people, and find certain people still don't give a hoot; then they're probably just snooty and not worth your time anyway. They've actually done you a favour by filtering themselves out of your life! (to make room for more decent people)

Yeah this thread seems friendly.