Younger guys treated like 2nd class citizens

Victim of crime (assault), perpetrated by other young men.

It doesn't matter who commits the crime, when the point is that men suffer more crime.

Not sure how they are financially discriminated against at all,

Are you being serious?

unless you're comparing them to pensioners who get discounts. :huh:

There are multiple forms of discrimination, lower out of work and in work benefits. Higher NI contributions. Lack of and lower tax breaks. Having to now pay for an education, having to pay ever more for it. Increased healthcare costs. Increased travel costs. Increased housing costs. Increased British cultural entertainment costs.

Lower minimum wages, lower wages, lack of employment rights, loss of employment rights, reduced entitlement to employment rights.

The young are discriminated against financially.

How can you argue that they are not?

It doesn't matter who commits the crime, when the point is that men suffer more crime.

They also disproportionately commit more crime.

And it's not something that is designed to be the case is it. So who or what are you blaming for it?

Are you being serious?

Yes. They aren't.

There are multiple forms of discrimination, lower out of work and in work benefits.

Than whom?

Higher NI contributions. Lack of and lower tax breaks.

Than whom?

Having to now pay for an education, having to pay ever more for it. Increased healthcare costs. Increased travel costs. Increased housing costs. Increased British cultural entertainment costs.

I get the impression you're comparing to the past, not some other current group.

So clearly not treat differently to anyone else.

Lower minimum wages, lower wages, lack of employment rights, loss of employment rights, reduced entitlement to employment rights.

The young are discriminated against financially.

How can you argue that they are not?

The young was not the statement. Young MEN was the statement.

Most of your list is a comparison with history, not a comparison with another group. Do you even know what point you are trying to make? :huh:

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 22:50 ----------

If you cant be bothered to quote accurately i cant be bothered responding.

If you're just going to whine about women getting help and not substantiate it I don't think it makes a lot of difference if I say "pretty women" or "women" when I paraphrase (not quote) you.

Just been to the shops. Bag burst on way home. Ignored at counter. Ignored by people on street.

Am pretty sure if i was a woman i would of been given a hand.

Have got pretty used to people in this town not giving a hoot and never asking if youre ok etc.

Am sure men are discriminated against too. I could go days before anyone utters a kind word yet its young men who are meant to help others. Could do with a hand sometines.

Perhaps no one offered to help because you looked like you had everything under control? I've had family members say this to me when I was loaded down with bags and struggling to open or close the door and I finally got fed up and yelled for their assistance. :hihi:

Yes, much is expected of men, but being a woman isn't easy either. Yes, women often get offers of "help", guess what the underlying offer really is? (This isn't as big a problem for me now as it was when I was younger. Chris Rock did a hilarious routine about this but I can't post the link)

I don't mean to trivialize your feelings, and I think that in the world today (where EVERYONE is a victim, good grief) young men are often marginalized and expected to just suck it up and deal. I say this as the mother of a son.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but life isn't fair. Don't waste your time wondering why, feeling bad about it or trying to equalize things. The government has hordes of people doing just that.

Your energy would be better spent improving yourself and being thankful for what you do have. In your defense, I didn't really start appreciating how good I had it until my early 30's. It's human nature to look around and be dissatisfied and think others have it easier, you are not unusual in that respect at all.

Perhaps no one offered to help because you looked like you had everything under control? I've had family members say this to me when I was loaded down with bags and struggling to open or close the door and I finally got fed up and yelled for their assistance. :hihi:

Yes, much is expected of men, but being a woman isn't easy either. Yes, women often get offers of "help", guess what the underlying offer really is? (This isn't as big a problem for me now as it was when I was younger. Chris Rock did a hilarious routine about this but I can't post the link)

I don't mean to trivialize your feelings, and I think that in the world today (where EVERYONE is a victim, good grief) young men are often marginalized and expected to just suck it up and deal. I say this as the mother of a son.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but life isn't fair. Don't waste your time wondering why, feeling bad about it or trying to equalize things. The government has hordes of people doing just that.

Your energy would be better spent improving yourself and being thankful for what you do have. In your defense, I didn't really start appreciating how good I had it until my early 30's. It's human nature to look around and be dissatisfied and think others have it easier, you are not unusual in that respect at all.

I am thankful for what i have. I wake up everyday look in the mirror and say 'ubermaus you are one good-looking sob' - is that what you mean?

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 00:04 ----------

If you're just going to whine about women getting help and not substantiate it I don't think it makes a lot of difference if I say "pretty women" or "women" when I paraphrase (not quote) you.

Whats pretty women got to do with the price of peas.

Great post Sierra. Well, aside from the bit where you can't post the link to the Chris Rock vid. Spoil sport. :P

Thanks Waldo. Sorry about the link, it's very funny but very NSFW.

If you watch Chris Rock clips on Youtube, you'll probably find it. :)

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 03:46 ----------

I am thankful for what i have. I wake up everyday look in the mirror and say 'ubermaus you are one good-looking sob' - is that what you mean?

It is what I mean. I personally find it helpful to see the glass as half full. For many years I was firmly in the half empty camp which did me no favors.

They also disproportionately commit more crime.

And it's not something that is designed to be the case is it. So who or what are you blaming for it?

Your points are completely irrelevant to the point I made, introducing them was nonsensical and does not change my point, trying to argue based upon your strawman argument is again pointless as it is irrelevant.

Yes. They aren't.

They are.

Than whom?

Under 25s get lower rates of benefit than people older than 25, blatant age discrimination.

Under 35s get lower rates of LHA than others due to their age, and people under SPA get a lower rate of HB in certain circumstances. This is also blatant age discrimination.

Under 25s are ineligible for in work benefits called tax credits if they are single, single people over 25 are eligible.

Again this is blatant age discrimination.

As you can see, young people are financially discriminated against as they have lower in work and out of work benefits.

Than whom?

Previous generations, there is no married tax allowance which some people still receive based upon AGE.

With NI rates having increased, young people are paying a higher rate of NI, they will pay a higher rate over the course of their working lives, and they will receive reduced entitlement to benefits, this is blatant financial discrimination. The proportion of one's income taken in NI, determined by and large by age.

People over SPA do not have to pay NI, this again is blatant age discrimination.

I get the impression you're comparing to the past, not some other current group.

Nope, there are distinct differences between age groups now, there is ALSO the problems resulting from the favourable treatment of people the same age in the past, compared to people that age now.

So clearly not treat differently to anyone else.

Clearly treat differently to people of other ages.

The young was not the statement. Young MEN was the statement.

Most of your list is a comparison with history, not a comparison with another group. Do you even know what point you are trying to make? :huh:

Young men are discriminated against based upon their age, young women are also discriminated against based upon their age. Men also face forms of discrimination, women also face forms of discrimination.

Young men and young women alike face discrimination because of their age.

Just because age discrimination does not depend on gender, does not mean that discrimination against young men based upon age is irrelevant.

Trying to argue that makes you look like an idiot.

Young men are discriminated against financially, mostly because of their age.

Your argument is completely irrelevant to the point made. I have made my point, and you have tried to argue it is wrong, your argument is pathetic and makes no sense.

It seems that if a person was discriminated against for being 'black', you would try to argue they were not discriminated against for being black, because the person has a name.

Young men are discriminated against for multiple reasons. It could be because of their age, or it could be because of their sex. It need not be because of both their age and sex, for the discrimination to be valid, trying to argue that is a silly argument to make.

Young white working class men face discrimination, as do some young black men. The discrimination they face could be due to their age, sex and/or race. It need not be specifically against age, sex & race, for the discrimination to be discrimination.

It is very tiring have to point out such simple things to a supposedly educated man.

Young men are discriminated against based upon their age, young women are also discriminated against based upon their age. Men also face forms of discrimination, women also face forms of discrimination.

Young men and young women alike face discrimination because of their age.

Just because age discrimination does not depend on gender, does not mean that discrimination against young men based upon age is irrelevant.

Trying to argue that makes you look like an idiot.

Young men are discriminated against financially, mostly because of their age.

Your argument is completely irrelevant to the point made. I have made my point, and you have tried to argue it is wrong, your argument is pathetic and makes no sense.

It seems that if a person was discriminated against for being 'black', you would try to argue they were not discriminated against for being black, because the person has a name.

Young men are discriminated against for multiple reasons. It could be because of their age, or it could be because of their sex. It need not be because of both their age and sex, for the discrimination to be valid, trying to argue that is a silly argument to make.

Young white working class men face discrimination, as do some young black men. The discrimination they face could be due to their age, sex and/or race. It need not be specifically against age, sex & race, for the discrimination to be discrimination.

It is very tiring have to point out such simple things to a supposedly educated man.

You're taking the mickey, right? You do know the difference between boys and girls? Because all the points you make - also go for women, so who is being discriminated and how? just posting a list of age related sliders is pointless.

You're also comparing against history, terrible thing to do because if I just slide the scale a century further back I can point to real discrimination...

Finally, regarding the age related benefits. Are you going to argue that children are discriminated against because they don't get any benefits? I tried this with my mum once, arguing I should get paid to go to school. It didn't get me very far.

Under 25s have lower living costs and more opportunity to make sensible decisions without a burden of debt (unless they screwed that up by insisting on buying each and every new iPhone) thus they are not entitled to the same benefits, eminently sensible imho.