Internet shopping- not so clever

When you click on your completed basket , spare a thought for how that purchase gets to you - zero hours pickers in a vast warehouse , delivery drivers on 50 pence per parcel,that's the job future for your kids...Happy New Year ...keep voting Labour xxx

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 23:04 ----------

Forgot to mention, the need for food banks is totally shocking , but I believe that the Trussell Trust are coining it at £1000 for each one set up ....could be wrong so would appreciate anyone who can prove this either way ..

Why don't you just contact the Trussell Trust to learn the truth before insulting the wonderful work that they are doing?

Have you even bothered to look at their website in the meantime?

Have you set up your own foodbank?

Edited by cgksheff

When you click on your completed basket , spare a thought for how that purchase gets to you - zero hours pickers in a vast warehouse , delivery drivers on 50 pence per parcel,that's the job future for your kids...Happy New Year ...keep voting Labour xxx

Forgot to mention, the need for food banks is totally shocking , but I believe that the Trussell Trust are coining it at £1000 for each one set up ....could be wrong so would appreciate anyone who can prove this either way ..

I know plenty of online resellers who employ full time workers on pretty decent money. Are the pickers or couriers you know forced to work for those terms? You sound like another person in your ivory tower who feels the need to fight for the little people who actually would tell you to sod off and let them fight their own corner.

I bought my online sales purchases from John Lewis where the delivery and warehouse staff are partners in the business. I will in any case pick my purchase up from store to avoid the risk of their truck not being able to get through on our Labour controlled ungritted streets; A perfect metaphor for Labour's economic policy. Vote Labour, let everything grind to a halt.

Why is that diffferent from making a member of staff getting the item from the stock room in a shop having a 10 metre trek to the til, pressing the scanner , then having to put it in a carrier bag ?

Not to mention , sorting change...the agony of it...won't someone please end this suffering !