The queen has a hotline to the devil?

[/color]

if it wasn't shrouded in mystery then it wouldn't be secret would it. though everyone seems to know about it and loads of stuff has been published about the ceremonies and rules and stuff, so it isn't really very secret or mysterious.

perhaps it's a sign of the times, where everyone and everything is expected to put every bowel movement and cornflake on twitter, facebook and the like, a group who don't do that seems very odd.

its not about elitism, it's about precision. all words have a meaning and some words have a very precise meaning in a legal setting which they don't have in the ordinary world. using the wrong word in the wrong place in a legal document can have profound consequences. it's also about making sure that your intentions are clear and understandable in 10, 20, 30 years and beyond.

a good example, would be the wording of the documents which Graves used when he gifted all the parkland to the city and the way it's prevented the council from disposing of parts of it.

there is nothing stopping you from doing anything a solicitor can, though of course, doing it right is another matter.

nice to everyone - member or not :)

Fair enough. (Though I would probably dispute your last sentence.)

But you haven't answered my main question; Do you think it's right to do 'favours' which go against the law for fellow members? Serious question, I'm interested in your point of view.

And, to take the discussion on further, what do you make of the Queen's quote to Paul Burrell, that 'Dark forces were at work...'?

Edited by Anna B