Ratting with terriers

Just a thought re the thread on fox hunting where bloodhounds chase said fox and rip it apart, are foxes considered vermin like rats?

Terriers hunt/chase rats and quite often rip em apart, or shake them to death while clamped in jaws with sharp teeth.

Same ball park different victim? Is it cruel and inhumane to kill rats this way? Or are rats getting bolder like foxes and taking humans for granted like entering properties and approaching babies in baby bouncers etc?

Just a thought re the thread on fox hunting where bloodhounds chase said fox and rip it apart, are foxes considered vermin like rats?

Terriers hunt/chase rats and quite often rip em apart, or shake them to death while clamped in jaws with sharp teeth.

Same ball park different victim? Is it cruel and inhumane to kill rats this way? Or are rats getting bolder like foxes and taking humans for granted like entering properties and approaching babies in baby bouncers etc?

They aren't as cute as foxy woxy, so kill away.

Think its a shame that Fox Hunting is still allowed and people do it.

The Fox is a beautiful looking creature and is entitled to a life same as we humans.

Those that go in for Fox Hunting, ought to be in a role reversal situation whereas they become the hunted and are chased by a pack of angry foxes !

Rats are the only vermin that I have no sympathy for when it comes to killing them.......

having said that, I've never killed one myself but seen one or two being killed.

A company I used to work for back in the 70's, had a dept where a couple of blokes worked melting pots....ladling molten metal into moulds, there use to be rats running about, if the blokes saw them and were able to catch them, they would clout the rat with a shovel then whilst it was still alive ( but dazed ) chuck it in the melting pot.