Cyclist vs Landrover

Now im confused.

Apparently so .

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 13:24 ----------

No. I mentioned more than once purely cos several people critisised the idea itself e.g. some claiming it was illegal to have side lighting (wrongly); others belieiving (wrongly) that I was saying drivers should light the sides of their trailers, which prompted me to clarify by repeating what I'd actually said.

You mentioned it 3 times on the first page alone, without anyone criticising it. That was just the first page.

All of them.

Oh and before you do - don't play the "I'm a poor aspergic card" you know what you are saying and you don't get to use that to wriggle out.

Man up, admit you got it wrong and move on.

Dude- I am aspergic and I do tell the truth and I do speak very precisely. I'm telling you that not one of the quoted statements tells anyone what they should do in terms of their lighting.

For example-

"A solution directed clearly towards owners of flatbed trailers who are interested in making them more visible"

does in no way say they should make them more visible, just that if they do wish to increase visibility then here's what to do.

If you can't see the difference between telling someone how to deal with something, and, telling them they should do so, then I can only refer you to things like a dictionary.

You move on dude. In contrast, if you wish to continue accusing me of telling people what they should do (in terms of lighting their trailer), them at least have the decency to flag up some actual evidence.

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 14:01 ----------

Wow, that's it?

Look up logical fallacy - appeal to popularity.

Asking for more information is not an accusation of dishonesty.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 14:06 ----------

Oh and before you do - don't play the "I'm a poor aspergic card" you know what you are saying and you don't get to use that to wriggle out.

Not a card I could play, as there's nothing 'poor' about being apsergic.

This aspergic is aware of the negatives of it (primarily soley do not to aspergia, but due to having to cope with a world of NTs who can't seem to hold any semblence of a rational thought process in their befuddled heads) and the positives, such as being able to use logic and language properly.

Just look at the world around you dude- set up by,run by, and, for, NTs. It's a mess.

Dude- I am aspergic and I do tell the truth and I do speak very precisely.

And there's the wriggle as expected. I'm sure you knew what you were saying and I'm sure that you knew how it is going to be construed so please stop playing that pity me little violin.

What you suggested wasn't legal though. You could put some red lights on the side, near the rear of the trailer. But you suggested putting them all the way down the side, which people correctly pointed out, would not be legal.

And as the trailer is already lit, also completely pointless.

Edit - you also appear to be going out of your way to offend people who don't share your mental issues. Although no doubt you just see this as you telling the truth (as you perceive it).

Is a lack of empathy or understanding of how people might interpret something a symptom of aspergers? Not that it has to be, lots of normal people display the same symptom, we just call those people unkind and unpleasant.

Does the op think he would of been more visible with lights down one side or both sides of the trailer?

Straight up question to the op.

Now im confused.

Let me clarify, you asked a question that included the word "trailer" and "lights".

Bad move dude. Obelix and pals take any conjuction of those 2 words, regardless of the actual meaning content of the phrase including them, as-

1. a direct personal insult

2. an accusation of obelix being responsible for the fact a cyclist ran into his trailer

3. as saying obelix should, by moral obligation, light his trailer up like a christmas tree.

Obelix is so offended by the words 'lights' and 'trailer' being used in close proximity to each other, that he's physically ripped the lights off the side of his trailer :)

From now on he's riding his landrover/trailer combo bareback through the night.

....and- IT'S YOUR FAULT!!

(and mine, and anyone else who had the balls to suggest that people who want their trailers to be seen, might consider putting lights on them.

What you suggested wasn't legal though. You could put some red lights on the side, near the rear of the trailer. But you suggested putting them all the way down the side, which people correctly pointed out, would not be legal.

And as the trailer is already lit, also completely pointless.

Edit - you also appear to be going out of your way to offend people who don't share your mental issues. Although no doubt you just see this as you telling the truth (as you perceive it).

Is a lack of empathy or understanding of how people might interpret something a symptom of aspergers? Not that it has to be, lots of normal people display the same symptom, we just call those people unkind and unpleasant.

He's doing it to people who do share it as well - I am aspergic but unlike a number of people like that I don't use it as a crutch or excuse when dealing with neurotypicals...:-)

Did I?

Worth mentioning to anyone towing flatbed trailers, that the £shops stock bicycle rear red lights (cost £1), a few of which could be easily attached to the sides of a trailer and render it much more visible (not only to red light running cyclists, but a host of other situations where a life could be saved by the trailer being visible).

It seems like I didn't say put them all the way down.

Then someone posted, as I requested, several times, the actual law i.e. that it has to be within a meter of the rear.

From that point on, having taken that on board, I made it clear that lights can only go on the rear 1m.

I'm not trying/intending to offend anyone.

I've welcomed actual quotes showing that I've said something offensive/wrong, and, IMO, not got anything usefull back.

If, when I speak plain facts/truths, people do take offence, then, if they can't provide any evidence I've said something that's actually offensive, then it ain't my problem, it's theirs.

If they twist and/or misinterpret perfectly innocent comments of mine, then it ain't my problem, it's theirs.

And that's unfortunate, but, having many problems of my own to address, I'm not going to take on other peoples.

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 14:29 ----------

He's doing it to people who do share it as well - I am aspergic but unlike a number of people like that I don't use it as a crutch or excuse when dealing with neurotypicals...:-)

You been officially diagnosed? To be honest, if you have, I'm a little surprised that you're having difficulties with the stuff I've said about the lights. I know that NTs have a big tendency to misinterpret plain language and take offence where none was intended, but I'm surprised that an aspergic would.

Oh...and I don't use aspergia as an excuse or crutch. Again, if you disagree, post evidence please.

...and there's a prime example of the excuse I'm on about...^

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 14:34 ----------

You been officially diagnosed? To be honest, if you have

And there's the veiled "I think you are not telling the truth but I'm not actually going to call you a liar so I can backtrack later and shout aspergic if the heat get's too much..."

You've managed to get me from caring about cyclists and my trailer to a stance of "if that's the abuse I get sod em, I'll not bother fixing the bulbs next time one of them goes out."

Well done OWD!

Let me clarify, you asked a question that included the word "trailer" and "lights".

Bad move dude. Obelix and pals take any conjuction of those 2 words, regardless of the actual meaning content of the phrase including them, as-

1. a direct personal insult

2. an accusation of obelix being responsible for the fact a cyclist ran into his trailer

3. as saying obelix should, by moral obligation, light his trailer up like a christmas tree.

Obelix is so offended by the words 'lights' and 'trailer' being used in close proximity to each other, that he's physically ripped the lights off the side of his trailer :)

From now on he's riding his landrover/trailer combo bareback through the night.

....and- IT'S YOUR FAULT!!

(and mine, and anyone else who had the balls to suggest that people who want their trailers to be seen, might consider putting lights on them.

So Obelix ripped the lights off in disgust. It all makes sense now.