Cyclist vs Landrover

You can easily end this by just quoting the relevant part of the document and its section number.

I've also just done a page search using the word 'master', and, got 'no results'.

I've no intention of doing your digging for you - I've better things to do. You've been given the link as asked.

No, I've got been given a link showing the law concerning the issue under discussion- it's not in there!:huh:

*sigh*

Master switch requirements. Poundland lights don't have an electrical connection do they - so are illegal.

"General requirements for electrical connections

15. (1) Every motor vehicle first used on or after 1st April 1991 shall be so constructed that every position lamp, side marker lamp, end-outline marker lamp and rear registration plate lamp with which the vehicle is fitted is capable of being switched on and off by the operation of one switch and, save as provided in paragraph (2), not otherwise.

(2) Sub-paragraph (a) of paragraph (1) shall not prevent one or more position lamps from being capable of being switched on and off independently of any other lamp referred to in that sub-paragraph. "

Colour of lights... red lights are not amber are they - so are illegal...

"SCHEDULE 9

PART I Requirements relating to obligatory side marker lamps and to optional side marker lamps to the extent specified in part ii"

"7. Colour:

Amber

or, if within 1 m of the rear of the vehicle it may be red "

As people have been telling you for a long time. I think you owe them an apology.

Not a straightforward thing to link to as there are numerous factors, including new European Whole Vehicle Type Approval regulations extending to trailers and new trailer parts

It's a combination of the lights when used showing specifically to the side, to be white or amber, and all lights (EWVTA applies to new parts on older trailers too) needing to be stamped with an approval mark

The poundland red LED lights meet neither of these criteria.

One cannot put any old colour and type of light on anywhere, even if it makes it easier to see. As would a flashing blue light on the roof..

Fair enough.

Just to be clear, cos this seems to be what you're saying- you can't post a link to anything showing that pound shop lights on the side of a trailer (obviously within 1 meter of the rear) are illegal?

Or actual links to anything substantiating the stuff you say above?

Colour of lights... red lights are not amber are they - so are illegal...

"SCHEDULE 9

PART I Requirements relating to obligatory side marker lamps and to optional side marker lamps to the extent specified in part ii"

"7. Colour:

Amber

or, if within 1 m of the rear of the vehicle it may be red "

As people have been telling you for a long time. I think you owe them an apology.

We've known about that for several pages (that red lights must be within 1 meter of the rear)- I mentioned it myself in my last few posts, e.g.

No, if you recall no-one found anything in that link that said pound shop side lights (or any side lights) were illegal. Someone did post another link that said sidelights would be illegal down the entire side, but were OK if within 1 meter of the rear.

(#189)

Fair enough.

Just to be clear, cos this seems to be what you're saying- you can't post a link to anything showing that pound shop lights on the side of a trailer (obviously within 1 meter of the rear) are illegal?

Or actual links to anything substantiating the stuff you say above?

He's already posted the relevant link, and helpfully abstracted the relevant parts.

What's your problem?

*sigh*

Master switch requirements. Poundland lights don't have an electrical connection do they - so are illegal.

"General requirements for electrical connections

15. (1) Every motor vehicle first used on or after 1st April 1991 shall be so constructed that every position lamp, side marker lamp, end-outline marker lamp and rear registration plate lamp with which the vehicle is fitted is capable of being switched on and off by the operation of one switch and, save as provided in paragraph (2), not otherwise.

(2) Sub-paragraph (a) of paragraph (1) shall not prevent one or more position lamps from being capable of being switched on and off independently of any other lamp referred to in that sub-paragraph. "

However, I think I'll have to admit defeat on the master switch issue. That would seem to exclude pound shop lights.

I'm always happy to bow down before actual evidence :)

---------- Post added 03-01-2015 at 17:53 ----------

He's being deliberately argumentative to save face. His problem is that's he is wrong and he doesn't want to admit it.

You're very cynical, as is clear from the time stamps, we're posting within minutes of each other here- while I'm busy composing you're posting new stuff.

I'm very willing and happy to admit when I'm wrong- that's how we progress.