Cyclist vs Landrover

Mentioning it (additional lighting) once is fair enough, a simple suggestion.

However, repeating it throughout the thread strongly implies that you think it's something he should do.

No. I mentioned more than once purely cos several people critisised the idea itself e.g. some claiming it was illegal to have side lighting (wrongly); others belieiving (wrongly) that I was saying drivers should light the sides of their trailers, which prompted me to clarify by repeating what I'd actually said.

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 10:44 ----------

Perhaps since you're not neurotypical, you use language differently.

Maybe you didn't mean to strongly imply that Obelix SHOULD make his trailer more visible, and that by implication he was partly responsible for this incident.

But to everyone else, that is what you're implying.

Absolutely- neurotypicals do use language very differently to aspergics: aspergics use language literally and precisely, which, in the context of written discussion (i.e. not face to face where the neuortypicals extra skills with body language and expressions are relevant) is entirely appropriate.

Neurotypicals use language very imprecisley- they get away with it in face to face interactions by compensating with the information they pass/receive via facial expressions/body language (invisible to many aspergics). This doesn't work with online (written) discussions, hence the level of misunderstandings and flamiing/trolling that occurs whenever NTs try to discussion controversies online.

In contrast, I say exactly what I mean, usually very precisley.

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 10:45 ----------

Let me see...

"the visibility problem here occurring cos the cyclist was heading towards the trailer side, which therefore was not highly visible"

"I'm actually going to quibble strongly with your statement and say that the simple solution is to put some pound shop lights down the side"

"A solution directed clearly towards owners of flatbed trailers who are interested in making them more visible"

"for any flatbed trailer owners who do have a rudimentary ability to think, and, who give a s*it about making their difficult-to-spot-in-the-dark-sideways-on trailers a tad more visible"

"Apologies to anyone who, for whatever bizarre reasons, finds it offensive when someone suggests cheap and easy ways of making whatever you're dragging behind your vehicles more visible."

It seems abundantly clear you think there is a problem with visibility and you think something should be done about it.. The responses from other posters, in fact almost all of them show that I'm not alone in this.

So- which of the above, in your eyes, equates to me saying anyone should put extra lights on their trailer?

So- which of the above, in your eyes, equates to me saying anyone should put extra lights on their trailer?

All of them.

Oh and before you do - don't play the "I'm a poor aspergic card" you know what you are saying and you don't get to use that to wriggle out.

Man up, admit you got it wrong and move on.

All of them.

Oh and before you do - don't play the "I'm a poor aspergic card" you know what you are saying and you don't get to use that to wriggle out.

Man up, admit you got it wrong and move on.

Have you ever considered a role in diversity training?

I have nothing to excuse. I can be sure you think I do because you want to find something to castigate the big bad Landrover driver for, but it isn't working in the same way your snide remarks about posters etc didn't work.

Really? Looked a lot like bullying to me.